Iduna

Cemetery Project - 7 pictures

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a small cemetery in our city is perched on a hilly site. My job is to show its landscape features and details.The special kitchy aspect cannot be neglected and belong to the range of human dreams. I used several lenses and here I can only show those taken with the Nocticron on the Olympus EM 5 MKII, The landscapes in colour and will be shown on a separate thread.

Yes, great series. There is a special kind of cemetery art, much of it as if designed by Jeff Koons :-)

Dirk,

many thanks for your nice response!

Samwells,

nice hint, I'll check. Thank you for your time and comment.

Stuart,

reliabel visitor, thank you so much.

Louis,

thank you!  The light was in fact  of the last summerday here with a warm light from a low sun and a feeling as if Italy was sending its charming atmosphere. 

They are very nice pictures Iduna...perfect for B&W.  Your angles work well, and make a fascinating place even more interesting..

all the best..

brill,

thank a lot for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Dave,

very nice to have your kind support and feedback. Thank you!

Good work indeed Iduna! I like that you have used B&W.

Edited by platypus

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By frogfish
      - the M -

after working professionally for a few years I have shot nearly every camera system available. 
      It took me many attempts to finally settle on the Leica for good.

It is simply the most magic tool out there. It´s not the quality, it´s the joy and simplicity of use that sets her apart.
      She is no easy, just give yourself time to really get to know her... to discover her soul.

I don't want to sound too pathetic, but I strongly believe this tool helped me to become the photographer I am (for the  good and the bad).
      all Leica M240 and either 35 FLE or 35 IV.

heiko

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Alberti
      At the yearly graduation show of the Eindhoven Design Academy, in one of the big halls of the Dutch Design Week, one of the students had made a 'classic' water fountain for in the office.
      Her concept hinged on the thought that functional design (push a button and some water flows out in a cup) does not improve the psychosocial environment of the office.
      Hence here addition of design elements from traditional 19th and early 20th fountain architecture: thre graces. Here made in some bright glass or plexy.
      What struck me were those people kneeling around this fountain with those sculptural elements.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! M240 
    • By schattenundlicht
      Leica „lens-less“ lens rumor confirmed! (Part 1 of 4)

On attending the April first preview party in Wetzlar, I can confirm the long standing rumours of this extraordinary lens, now officially announced. I kindly was supplied with a preproduction specimen in order to do some initial testing. For the record, I am not an official ‚Leica Ambassador‘.

As a consistent extension of the vintage line of M-Series lenses, opened by the Summaron 28 mm f/5.6 and the Thambar 90 mm f/2.2 - and fully in line with the company philosophy of reducing to the max („Das Wesentliche“), Leica is proud to present their latest vintage type lens, designated the ‚Refractomar-M‘.

It features some truly remarkable properties:

- Lightweight, low profile ‚ultra pancake‘ design
      - Revolutionary non-apo/non-asph formula
      - Full metal permanent aperture
      - Unique bokeh fingerprint across entire distance range
      - Lens body machined from impact-resistant synthetic material (a Leica first)
      - Assembled manually by German master craftsmen (individual certificate acompanies each lens)
      - Rigurous quality control, as to be expected from this company
      - Innovative zero bit coding
      - Full compatability with all M bodies from 1953 through 2018
      - Perfect match for M10’s high ISO capacity
      - No more problems with rangefinder calibration
      - Maintenance free construction ensures longevity across generations
      - Limited edition of 999 specimen, collectibility guaranteed

First impressions:

Fig. 1: Understatement redefined

Fig. 2: Pocketable form factor

(continued in part 2)

• By ezc203
      M240 + 35mm ASPH f/2.0

If you visited the Met and did not see this gentleman, it is truly a shame.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://i.imgur.com/AjmvEH0l.jpg&key=55ba50b71afda1551a78dc74cf8d6755376bb0e453c4e40faa64548ecdf94ecd">
    • By RockettMan
      Anyone know what might be an optimal print size for an art gallery showing and what resolution it would best be at that size?