The X weak spot

dpitt

• 1 month later...

Broken latch on my X2 two or three times. Also on my newer C-Lux. Never happened on any of my 4 Fuji’s or 3 Nikon’s. Clearly this could be avoided with better design. Leica has fixed them all for free, but I have one piece of Leica equipment out for repair at all times... and never over 50 years a single piece of Nikon or Fuji gear, and I have many times more Nikon and Fuji pieces of equipment. Oh, well, what are you going to do? There really is no replacement for the M10 and lenses. Think I’ll stick with Fuji for the smaller cameras from now on.

Edited by JDFlood

Well, the same thing has happened to both my X1 (beat-up oldie), and my recently acquired X2 (New old stock, with full warranty).  Visited my friendly local Leica dealer here in Stockholm who gave me two latches.  Unfortunately, when I got home, I found that both were already broken (!😧!), no doubt just a mixup from him.  

After reading this thread, I did mail info@leica-camera.com on February 8, asking for replacements.  No answer so far, which I feel is rather impolite.  The obvious thing would be to visit my dealer again, claiming a warranty repair, but just e-mailing seemed easier at the time.  I´m none too keen at sending the camera in, and waiting for weeks or months (and the X1 is far out of warranty in any case).

So, any of you with better experiences, just what e-mail address did you use?  Name of a person at Leica should be the best bet, I feel...

Edited by elgenper