Happy Birthday, Digital Leica M!

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No doubt this camera will stay very healthy, more years and already in my hand 9years. Thank you, Leica! and for the M.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, congratulations... 2018 was my 10th anniversary of owning two M8 cameras, one silver and one black. No regrets, I still have them, and I have learned a lot. Two lessons presented themselves early. First I had read the admiration for the B&W results, so determined to make that my mode of use. But I kept peeking at the color raw files and realized that I am a color photographer by preference. No more B&W after that! Secondly, soon afterwards I went on a trip to Malta and Sicily with them. The color results on this trip convinced me that the UV/IR cut filter was necessary after all. And 6-bit coding.

The cameras have been generally reliable, though I had a sensor column fault with the silver one, and while at Leica for this service I opted also for the upgrade M8.2 shutter and frameline mask. I intend to keep using this camera for the foreseeable future despite having other newer ones as well. Thank you Leica!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Leica M8 is (are I used two/three with Madame's one, before buying other that came after them)

amazing when Leica had done that right (I know with some "flaws" like IR sensitivity or some vibrations, etc.).

For some days now that I review my old M8's files, I'm glad that I bought M8 as early as I could.

Colors are beautiful and IR photos are as beautiful as can be 😊.

• jaapv unpinned this topic