Is there a thread for members passing?

pico

Please forgive. I was in an alarmed state. Three nitro pills properly timed did not seem to be working, but after I posted at #3, I fainted and did not come back to the browser.

All is good.

Very, very sorry for the drama.

Edited by pico
  • Like 8

Please forgive. I was in an alarmed state. Three nitro pills properly timed did not seem to be working, but after I posted at #3, I fainted and did not come back to the browser.

All is good.

Very, very sorry for the drama.

Nitro degrades quickly ... if these were old you need to replace them.

And be careful ... the new ones may drop your BP to a significant extent.

Bottom line ... nothing in your history may have changed ... other that you nitro has become ineffective.

The line between here and the beyond is very thin .... pray that you have a secure sense of you future.

Regards,

Bob

Pico, 

Professional advice: if you needed three sublingual nitroglycerine tabs/sprays in a row you need to see your doctor.

Not surprised they dropped your blood pressure!

Did you mean passing away or passing out ;-)

We need to get you to George's tender 93+ years 

He was born before the Leica I.....

Mark

• Like 1

Pico, 

Professional advice: if you needed three sublingual nitroglycerine tabs/sprays in a row you need to see your doctor.

Not surprised they dropped your blood pressure!

Did you mean passing away or passing out ;-)

We need to get you to George's tender 93+ years 

He was born before the Leica I.....

Mark

Indeed, here is to George! Until this thread I did not know he was a Senior Senior. I recall that when I was in the last occupation troops in France, he was in the Pentagon (pretty sure it's the same George).  Born before the Leica! Now it really hits me.

Go, George!

Renewing the sublingual tabs tomorrow, Mark.

• Like 3

pico,

I was in the Pentagon when DeGaule kicked NATO out of France, and we had to find new homes for the US Army and Air Force units stationed in France.  It was a b***h, as those forces were still committed to NATO, and had to be returned if things got squishy with the Soviets. 

My job was to find a solution for bringing  the Air Force units home, but I had to work with the Army guys to come up with an "approved solution" that would satisfy both NATO and our Government, as NATO still "owned" them        Yeah, A Little Bit of Ulcer Time!!

Oh Well, we did it, and it all counted toward retirement.

George    (Colonel, USAF (Ret)

Edited by gberger
  • Like 2

pico,

I was in the Pentagon when DeGaule kicked NATO out of France, and we had to find new homes for the US Army and Air Force units stationed in France.  It was a b***h, as those forces were still committed to NATO, and had to be returned if things got squishy with the Soviets. 

My job was to find a solution for bringing  the Air Force units home, but I had to work with the Army guys to come up with an "approved solution" that would satisfy both NATO and our Government, as NATO still "owned" them        Yeah, A Little Bit of Ulcer Time!!

Oh Well, we did it, and it all counted toward retirement.

George    (Colonel, USAF (Ret)

As we recall, all assignments were made for the needs of the military. When my call came to leave France previous pragmatic urgencies fell back a bit and I (and only I from my squadron) was assigned to RAF Upper Heyford with privileged access to Oxford University to, by chance I thought, continue my education while still serving.

I suppose I should mention a a first-uncle was SAC base commander at the time. Picture above! He was a hero to me, Ted Crouchley who flew the global B-52s and any other aircraft he wanted.

Edited by pico
  • Like 6

Pico

Take care of yourself I've been realising how important your health is this year and thankfully how robust we can be ;-)

I hope your able to have a small glass of something to bolster the spirits.

Good Luck

Small glass? I think not. A 1/2 pint of brandy will do. :) !

• Like 3