New Leica M 240 follow-up in 2017 : The speculations.

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oh, yes; I agree. Fawcet, for example. Tap is so much simpler. The great thing abpout English, and the primary reason it will endure, is that it is not static - it will flog a good word from any other language and use it with abandon. The word of the year, for me anyway, is "post-truth" - brilliant.

What I find truly awful, though, is the way English gets tortured by poor use of vocabulary (there are so many colourful words in the English language - why not use them), and people using long words and passive language. Short sentences, generally carrying one concept, with layers of meaning are my ideal - Churchill and Shakespeare were very good at this, as was Denning (though he blotted his copybook at the end, slipping from an English nationalist, and probably misogynist, to racist).

• Like 1

Have a look at 'huer', which spells it exactly as I did.  Your own source is inconsistent.  I notice you didn't highlight that one.

Ha.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Nice source... "Verbs of Animal Communication in Contemporary French"... lol! I can't fault you for finding the most obscure possible reference!

And a closer reading....see above....shows just how reliable an animal communication source can be for humans.

Jeff

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was only joking... that being said, I never use the usb port on my M9. Don't really know why, it just don't like it being plugged in to the computer.

It is rather useful if we use  it to take pictures using the USB. Try it. You might like it.

Very best,

Pico

Edited by pico

High horses, pedantry, and Shakespeare. I could write a dissertation on it. Shakespeare invented words. He was a wordsmith. He was a star. He would have said onomatopeic was bostin. Except bostin wasn't around in his day.

Language changes. I wondered what was happening when I went to a hospital and there was a fetal department.  Then I realised it was purely a simplification to make life easier. Sometimes in life the pedants have to get off their high horses. I stepped down from mine years ago. If you want to join me and stop being petty then you are welcome. However, one thing is precious; an ass is an animal. It is not a backside, bottom, nor any part of the anatomy. It is a donkey-like creature that has its home in the Levant. Why on earth anyone could confuse that lovely animal with a bum is beyond me.

The law can be an ass (stubborn, stupid, but loveable) but anatomically the word is arse.

Now that is dealt with please can we get back on topic.

• 5 weeks later...

Indeed . . . I agree with almost all of this . . but it wouldn't be an M would it? 

Why not keep an M and have a different camera . . Why not call it a QL and supply it with a free TL to M mount adapter? That way you could also use it with TL and SL lenses at a pinch, use it as a back up to an SL or an M.

And have a new M which reflects the heritage and improves on the M240?

Indeed...