New Leica M 240 follow-up in 2017 : The speculations.

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Secondly, I don't think a new M will trigger a huge wave of upgrades; the present camera is simply too good for that. The sales of the next M will come, I am convinced,mainly from new users, and Leica must take that into account.

Mayber you are right, but I got a little reminiscense:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/196962-the-average-aged-wont-buy-a-m240/?p=2225329

The only thing we have to ask is: what will it be called? M250? M10? M11? And if it goes nowhere slowly, the M25? I would welcome going back to a simply naming structure that followed common sense. M11 for me please. Same shape and size as an M7. Electronic viewfinder but i doubt that, and so it will be optical. Dual would be ideal. Or a viewfinder like the Nikon SP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard, it would be called Leica M-C. 

Edited by Paulus

Management looked at the M-C (EVF M), renamed it M-C Hammer. The pieces went to trash. Decided for perfectly new EVF camera called SL. Next Leica M with rangefinder is in the making ( at whatever stage of the process).

Steve

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Steve Ash

Really, who bl***y cares when the new M will arrive or what name/number it has.. People are still using the M8's & 9's, delivering mouthwatering images.. I doubt anyone's photography will improve in relation to the COST.. if you have that much disposable cash,

why not give it to a reputable charity!!! Tax benefits apply.. it's sad how much GAS the better off get... L

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Really, who bl***y cares when the new M will arrive or what name/number it has.. People are still using the M8's & 9's, delivering mouthwatering images.. I doubt anyone's photography will improve in relation to the COST.. if you have that much disposable cash,

why not give it to a reputable charity!!! Tax benefits apply.. it's sad how much GAS the better off get... L

Mouthwatering is not the adjective I would use to describe the images I've seen on this forum which have been a turn off, not speaking personal work off this forum which I've seen and loved. 

• Like 1

Mouthwatering is not the adjective I would use to describe the images I've seen on this forum which have been a turn off, not speaking personal work off this forum which I've seen and loved.

What you see is reduced quality due to Forum rules... maybe we could see your versions of mouthwatering!! It's easy to criticize, much harder to even attain the standard you criticize...L

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

It's always difficult to discuss the cost of a Leica camera. I cannot remember when it was not an issue.

I also doubt if my photography would improve with a new Leica M. Since my MP my photography has not really improved. I think I made my best "Leica" photo with a Nikon F3.

The technical possibilities although have. I can make photographs which were not possible to me before the M 240. If I had bought a nice Nikon D 800 maybe it would also be possible, but I did not. Maybe that was a better choise because it maybe was cheaper and I could give the surplus to charity. I am glad I have no car, so that I can, maybe give the surplus of not having a car to charity.

I care if and when a new Leica M arrives, not because I imediately want to buy one, but because I am very curious if Leica can keep up with the competion and if Leica can surprise the rest of the camera - world with a creative and attractive concept. I also care if Leica, as a brand, would stay alive with a Leica M. The times are not so hard as in the nineties but...

I have been loyal to this brand for over a decade, because I love it, maybe  enough to worry about it sometimes. ;)

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 1

First welcome to the forum... Next, I agree I haven't seen mouthwatering pictures in this forum.

Mainly because there is no picture forum for foodies. :D

But certainly mouthwatering pictures are possible using Leica.

http://blog.leica-camera.com/2016/06/23/create-mouthwatering-images/

Edited by jmahto

It's always difficult to discuss the cost of a Leica camera. I cannot remember when it was not an issue.

I also doubt if my photography would improve with a new Leica M. Since my MP my photography has not really improved. I think I made my best "Leica" photo with a Nikon F3.

The technical possibilities although have. I can make photographs which were not possible to me before the M 240. If I had bought a nice Nikon D 800 maybe it would also be possible, but I did not. Maybe that was a better choise because it maybe was cheaper and I could give the surplus to charity. I am glad I have no car, so that I can, maybe give the surplus of not having a car to charity.

I care if and when a new Leica M arrives, not because I imediately want to buy one, but because I am very curious if Leica can keep up with the compition and if Leica can surprise the rest of the camera - world with a creative and atractive concept. I also care if Leica as a brand would stay alive with a Leica M. The times are not so hard as in the nineties but... I have been loyal to this brand for over a decade, because I love it, maybe  enough to worry about it sometimes. ;)

Yes, I too have used Leica's since the early 70's.. I too am interested..

• Like 1

I wonder how many times it has been said on this forum that a nicer, newer, more expensive camera, with nicer looks, feelings and/or less shutter noise DOES NOT MAKE ME A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER.

Pfff, can we stop this? We are all here because WE ARE camera fetishists, duhuh, why would we come to a Leica forum if we weren't!

Let's just enjoy the ZEN of camera fetishism and take the sometimes nice images for granted. My new Harley doesn't make me a better biker either, so what! I just enjoy the process more, is that ok please?

We are no heroes nor HCB clones, just plain consumers.

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 3

I wonder how many times it has been said on this forum that a nicer, newer, more expensive camera, with nicer looks, feelings and/or less shutter noise DOES NOT MAKE ME A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER.

Pfff, can we stop this? We are all here because WE ARE camera fetishists, duhuh, why would we come to a Leica forum if we weren't!

Let's just enjoy the ZEN of camera fetishism and take the sometimes nice images for granted. My new Harley doesn't make me a better biker either, so what! I just enjoy the process more, is that ok please?

No surprise your Harkey is not making you a better biker. You are riding a wrong bike. :D

This one will make you a better rider (and better mechanic :) ). (If it makes you feel better, just this weekend I fixed my overflowing carbs which had stuck float). :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jmahto
  • Like 1