earleygallery

Leaked photos of the new T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andreas (forum owner Andreas) has just reported from Photokina - no new Leica cameras announced.

So the T is currently discontinued.

My guess is that another T model is in the pipeline however.

James,

This is the first day - does this mean that's it? I mean, can't they still announce cameras later today or during the following days?

I'm just asking, as I have no idea how Leica approaches Photokina announcements.

Thanks,

Radu

James,

This is the first day - does this mean that's it? I mean, can't they still announce cameras later today or during the following days?

I'm just asking, as I have no idea how Leica approaches Photokina announcements.

Thanks,

Radu

Hi,

Just going on recent years they've had their big presentation/announcement covering all products.

That's not to say there won't be more of course, but having gathered a crowd you'd think they would want maximum impact/coverage. They announced the Sofort just before Photokina though, so maybe they're keeping something back for just after.

Marketing types have strange ideas us normal people can't begin to understand! 

ok Though I called this in the T2 thread, I think we must remember that Leica @ Photokina was always going to be about professionals/professional systems marketing. Thus a few M owners got their usual upperty going.

I am sure once Leica get the show done, life will return to normal updating both the M and the New T

... there are 2 new models in the pipeline .

They should be released before years end .

And X

Miro, is there a source for this?

Thanks!

Initally , I was hoping for but not expecting T2 w/built in EVF .

Now , with 28& 56 mm dual lens iPhone 7 available , original T w/ 23mm , could be a great companion .

If only it came in Jet Black

Indeed.

In summary, I read this as:

- there will be a new TL.

- the XVario will be discontinued.

- there is commitment to the S line.

- there will not be a small version of the SL (a sort of M with L mount, EVF etc). Current technology for battery, EVF and mount strength forbid it for the standards they want.

- there may be a new standard zoom for the SL, but smaller.

- no discussion about the next M (they weren't asked, which is a pity)

Edited by LocalHero1953

Indeed.

In summary, I read this as:

- there will be a new TL.

- the XVario will be discontinued.

- there is commitment to the S line.

- there will not be a small version of the SL (a sort of M with L mount, EVF etc). Current technology for battery, EVF and mount strength forbid it for the standards they want.

- there may be a new standard zoom for the SL, but smaller.

- no discussion about the next M (they weren't asked, which is a pity)

I have to wonder/speculate the possible future TL will be totally different than our T. I think might be more traditional looking. A smaller version of the SL perhaps?

I have to wonder/speculate the possible future TL will be totally different than our T. I think might be more traditional looking. A smaller version of the SL perhaps?

I would be sorry if it was more traditional. But given that a better EVF is likely to be larger, the design may have to change, whether it is integrated or an add-on.

I would be sorry if it was more traditional. But given that a better EVF is likely to be larger, the design may have to change, whether it is integrated or an add-on.

I think it would be nice if they diverged the line a little and made:

1) a T2 which would be basically the same as the current T but with refreshed specs.

2) an X like TL camera.

3) a Q or X like TL camera with an internal EVF

4) possibly one like the current T with athe same interface and an internal EVF

These could all address different market segments simultaneously with essentially the same camera but with different cases including LCDs and different firmware loads. Using CNC milled bodies like they are for the T and the SL allows them to keep their tooling costs down. The same machine can crank out a SL, then any one of the TL bodies, which they make on demand. Keeping the differences in hardware minimal would simplify their supply chain and the differences in parts would be inexpensive components like switches and flex cables to connect the various pieces. This would be a very smart idea for a small to medium sized manufacturing company.

Yes as I already have predicted http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/252795-the-t2/page-1

The Canon is much the same really.

Nobody knows or can predict. Only speculations. But I can predict you will be up here on the T forum, far in the future, without owning one. Edited by billinghambaglady

... there are 2 new models in the pipeline .

They should be released before years end .

I have a feeling you may be right.

With the T being discontinued (or at least very difficult to get) and new Tl lenses being announced recently (the 60 macro) I would predict we will see a new T before the end of the year.

I cant guess to what it looks like, but i am sure there will be a new APS-C body soon.