Leaked photos of the new T

I hope not. The first thought I had when I saw what you'd liked to James was "Fuji".

The Fuji line is good, I have had a few of them, and still have an old X-E1 and the "kit" 18-55. Great cameras, really.

If Leica turn the T into a "T2" that looks like this I will just buy an X-Pro2, or X-T2.

Gary

• Like 1

So a weather sealed T with built in EVF and sensor cleaning wouldn't interest you?

Weather sealed not so much, I haven't needed this to date, so don't see it being an issue, to me.

EVF, yes, as I was annoyed at the VisoFlex concept.

I'd have been expecting a "refresh" as Miro suggested. The T is a unique shape and style, and really, for want of a few tweaks, would be perfect.

This leaked shot looks more like a Fuji, so why not just buy a Fuji. The lenses are as good (again, MY opinion) and most are smaller, something I liked about the T and the 23mm.

Gary

This leaked shot looks more like a Fuji, so why not just buy a Fuji. The lenses are as good (again, MY opinion) and most are smaller, something I liked about the T and the 23mm.

Gary

Lenses smaller than what? The Canon M lenses are very compact especially their super little 22mm f2.

I do use a Canon M but my point in posting this is that it's close to what I imagine Leica will do with the next T. Maybe we'll find in a week or so!

I am hoping the T2 will look almost identical to the first one.

That way I can swap it over without my wife noticing.

What I couldn't believe I got away with was when I went from the M240 to the SL.

Those cameras don't even look the same, and she didn't even notice that swap!

(I should mention she is very supportive of my photography. I don't hide things from her and admit if she notices anything. However sometimes it is easier making a change without having to explain why as she doesn't really understand the differences between the cameras)

• Like 3

Photokina is 20 hours away. And still no announcement. And no leaked info / photo.

Is the T2 a phantom?

Slowly I begin to worry. It would be a shame to discontinue that model without a successor

I think we are dead in the water. Hope I am wrong still but nothing in the news pipeline. Why they came out with new T lenses is a mystery. So, glad I picked up a used T as a second body while can still find some in excellent condition for a great price. Really nice camera that should have lasted. Oh well.....

Photokina is 20 hours away. And still no announcement. And no leaked info / photo.

Is the T2 a phantom?

Slowly I begin to worry. It would be a shame to discontinue that model without a successor

I dont think so. They have all those nice lenses developped for the T.

And also it seems more and more people appreciate the T system after the speed ups by firmwares.

I certainly do.

It makes no sense that the T line would be discontinued:

1. Leica is adding new lenses to the T pipeline; while usable on the SL 601, they would not develop that line when the ultimate image produced is only 10 mp;

2. The T line is a natural competitor to Sony's a 6300 and other companies' non full frame interchangeable lens systems; it fills a niche in their product line, which could be quite profitable.

R

• Like 2

The new T or 'mini SL'

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/canon-s-new-m5-is-its-first-seriously-competitive-mirrorless-camera

OK not quite, but I bet it's pretty close...

I felt your frustration Earlegallery. Since you post a Canon here to tease  the Leica T fans, I can feel how much your frustration and how deeply you really wish Canon (or Fuji) can show something that worth Leica fan's love. 

Mu suggestion is go ahead to enjoy your Canon or Fuji or whatever, and donot come back to look what Leica of other fans are talking about unless you are really looking for alternatives.

I felt your frustration Earlegallery. Since you post a Canon here to tease  the Leica T fans, I can feel how much your frustration and how deeply you really wish Canon (or Fuji) can show something that worth Leica fan's love. 

Mu suggestion is go ahead to enjoy your Canon or Fuji or whatever, and donot come back to look what Leica of other fans are talking about unless you are really looking for alternatives.

LOL no frustration but thank you for your concern.

I expect Leica will develop the T line and introduce a new model and as I've posted before I predict it will look a little like a small SL - the Canon model I linked to is pretty much what I think they could do (not literally that camera as some seem to think I mean).

I enjoy my Canon M very much indeed. Its the original model, rather like the original T with an APSC sensor and touch screen LCD / no EVF. I'm also a Leica fan and have several Leica cameras and lenses, but I'm not a 'fanboy' who is blind to what else is out there and worthy of consideration. 

Go ahead and enjoy your Leica. There's no need to comment about other products you're not interested in.

LOL no frustration but thank you for your concern.

I expect Leica will develop the T line and introduce a new model and as I've posted before I predict it will look a little like a small SL - the Canon model I linked to is pretty much what I think they could do (not literally that camera as some seem to think I mean).

I enjoy my Canon M very much indeed. Its the original model, rather like the original T with an APSC sensor and touch screen LCD / no EVF. I'm also a Leica fan and have several Leica cameras and lenses, but I'm not a 'fanboy' who is blind to what else is out there and worthy of consideration. 

Go ahead and enjoy your Leica. There's no need to comment about other products you're not interested in.

Wise words, keep it and stay in peace with your Canon M. Enjoy.