The real news about the Leica Sofort! [merged thread]

jaapv

Anyone know of anywhere selling the Sofort in Mint? White seems easy enough to find but my wife has her heart set on the Minty One.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

I finally received the Sofort Mint, have sent a PM.

Best

Edited by rjans
  • Like 1

My first impressions of the Leica Sofort and also compared to the Fuji mini 90. The build quality is very good. It feels  nicer to hold when compared to the Fuji mini 90 when using landscape orientation, default on the Sofort, the Fuji is default portrait orientation and when using in landscape orientation the strap of the Fuji is awkward. When using the Sofort in portrait orientation the strap does not give a problem. Same lens performance and same clear viewfinder with still the same parallax in normal use (more on the final picture than what you see in the viewfinder, but after a few shots easy to take into account). In close up mode the viewfinder is quite accurate (both cameras). In 3 meter to infinity setting the flash of the Sofort is disabled (impossible to change), the Fuji not, you have to disable the flash yourself. I think the Leica approach here is better. The Fuji has two shutter release buttons. I do not miss the second one on the Leica; in fact it has happened that I gave the Fuji to someone else, and although I warned, by accident they hit the shutter release button on side of the Fuji with a wasted picture as a result. The flash of the Sofort seems as far as I can judge at this moment less harsh. I based this finding on two flash shots with both. The distance shoosing of the Sofort by turning the ring on the lens is a very good solution because the Fuji requires to do that with the menu button.

Below a two test shots of the Sofort on (nothing special), both with Fuji instax mini film, the first full automatic with flash, the second in 3 m to infinity mode. Due to lack of time these are straight from the scanner without cropping the borders.  

Probable I use the Sofort tomorrow when I'm visiting my parents. Now I have two small comparable instant cameras, so I think I can use one for color and take the other with me for monochrome :) .

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by rjans
  • Like 3