Novoflex Nikon E to Leica SL adapter

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could you please tell us how is the AF on the SL compared to Used on Nikon bodies ?

I bought the SL/NIK + Nikon 1.4/105 E - combo as poor man's short tele Lux only for the SL - i do not use Nikon since 2009 anymore. During focusing, the lens overruns the focus-point and nails the focus on the (short) return leg. No scientic investigation done, but the focusing speed seems slower than the 24-90, as heard of here in the forum with the SL/xxx adapters. Nonetheless i was really happy with the results delivered for portraits (high frequency selected) @f1.4 under challenging situations with moving faces / eyes. At f5.6 and landscapes in my other usage case, AF speed is of secondary importance...

I could imagine buying the 4/300 PF for usage on the SL (among others), because that lens is so small and light that I could use it even without OIS/VR. But the bigger the lens the more important is VR.  So I do rather use the really big lenses on their "native cameras".

The VR of the 4/300 PF was plagued with troubles (in the first tests after release). So not a big loss. I am not sure, if this has been fixed in the meantime. Did not find anyone repeating the tests.

Please excuse my ignorance regarding non-Leica systems - but what does VR stand for?

I have one and use it with the newest 105/1.4. The AF is reasonably fast and consistent, only a bit noisy. The experience I am having with it is so far much better than the one with the EOS/SL adapter.

can you confirm that? Is the lens shown in the EXIF,?

PS: Would it be possible to add a TC to this combo (105/1.4 plus adapter)?

Edited by stephan_w

Vibration Reduction.

Hum!  The one thing it does not do is reduce vibration.  That is the province of gyro stabilisation etc.  Vibration Compensation would be a lot more accurate, even better is Image Stabilisation.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hum! The one thing it does not do is reduce vibration. That is the province of gyro stabilisation etc. Vibration Compensation would be a lot more accurate, even better is Image Stabilisation.

It's just a Nikon speak, as far as I know. Leica calls it OIS for some reason. [emoji57]

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2018 at 2:09 AM, thighslapper said:

Only SL

On the CL (and presumably T) it flags up a lens error message and a black screen ....... you cannot use it even as a 'dumb' adapter 

A piece of tape over the electronic contacts at the body interface will allow it to be used as a dumb adapter.  Some Nikon mount lenses will not attach physically.  

post #37 has more details.