oversaturated

No, because I use DNG only and have my own profiles for rendering in post. After applying those, I may change saturation to taste per picture. Or remove it completely...

No, because I use DNG only and have my own profiles for rendering in post. After applying those, I may change saturation to taste per picture. Or remove it completely...

Agreed on being fine when used DNG, which is what I always use. I just find it annoying when looking through the evf. once, it's taken, it is fine. just wondered if it a glitch on my end.

more so of the annoyance of seeing it on the evf.

What you see on the EVF is how the camera software (firmware) renders it. This is not a very good rendering, if you ask me. Also, the EVF is too bright and contrast rich, among other more subtle problems. I use the LCD for viewback mostly because of this and then only to judge framing and sharpness.

• Like 1

Are you sure you aren't set to 1-point autoexposure?

Because if so, in a contrasty scene, as soon as you displace the center spot, the metering totally readapts the exposure to just that point -so, if you aim even to a small dark item in e generally well-lit scene, everything will immediately be overexposed so that your central dark item is OK.

Incidentally, this setup can give rise to a very efficient way to adjust exposure :

1) aim to THE point you want correctly exposed, wherever it lies in the scene,

2) half-press the thumb button (that you'll have set precisely for AE-lock)

3) reorient to get the right frame -the exposure being kept unchanged...

Edited by Herve5

Don't think you can half press the thumb button.  Half presses are only available on the shutter release button.

BUT I do know what you are intending to explain to the OP and I agree.

Are you sure you aren't set to 1-point autoexposure?

2) half-press the thumb button (that you'll have set precisely for AE-lock)

• Like 1