Advertisement (gone after registration)

A teenager who is too shy hides his face whilst his friends pose for a photograph at the Southampton Pride Parade event (taken with his permission)

Leica M9 with 35mm Summarit-M f2.5.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Perfect b&w shot of sincere youngsters!

Matic

Thank you for your positive comment. I felt that this was a 'colour' event and the other shots I took will stay in colour (please see 'The Red Hair' in my posts for example. However this one was certainly right for b&w in my opinion.

Thanks again!

Gerry

fantastic capture. the shyness of the guy made the shot in my humble opinion, had he paused like his friends, the shot would have lost it's impact. This is a Top-Street shot. 

Thank you so very much Rodrigue. You are, of course, absolutely right. I have a couple of shot of the two girls by themselves, but this is THE shot.

Gerry

Agree with all the other comments - and I love the inclusion of the dog in  the background, which adds that inconsequential something.

Thank you Sam. I had thought about taking them out, but I like the full frame and agree with you.

Gerry