60mm TL Macro announced

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think you're just seeing the extraordinary thin DOF. With static subjects, that's where focus stacking can help, but it's not a peculiarity of Leica's lens.

That is most likely the case.  When I get close with a macro lens, I usually end up around f11 in order to maximize, the otherwise, very thin depth of field.  Focus stacking is a great solution .. software is available,  or.. some newer cameras do it right  in camera.

Yamarch, maybe its the conversion but that looks out of focus to me.

Yes, the periphery is out of focus but it was merely to show how close I can get to the object. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoy using the macro mode and just need to be more careful with the aperture setting. Thanks.

• Like 1

What is "focus stacking"?

Taking a series of shots at slightly different focus settings, then using (e.g.) Photoshop to merge them all into one image with a deep zone of focus. A number of cameras can do it automatically, either taking a series of shots, or taking the shots and merging them.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...