S006 + 70mm for £5,999?

cataar

It really depends on whether the purchase is on new items from a reputable dealer with full Protection Plans, which when new was 3 years on the camera (with loaner provisions) and 2 years on the lens (lens Protection Plans are now extra cost).  If so, the price you quote would be outstanding.  I suspect, however, that it falls short in certain aspects, e.g., not new, not full Protection Plan(s), etc.  If not new, then there are alternative dealer options such as demo or QM2 models (basically new) or lightly used models, which might still come with generous warranties or partial (remaining) term Protection Plan(s).

Dealers are even sometimes confused by warranty and Protection Plan distinctions and provisions.  Research carefully....especially if private purchase....including service history if not new.  I would only buy from a reputable Leica dealer, especially given well discussed S system reliability and service turnaround issues.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

I agree with Jeff:

- If that S006 and 70 is new from dealer, then it's a stellar deal

- If they are refurbished from dealer with the 3-year protection plan then it's a very good deal

- if it is a pre-owned from dealer with 1-year warranty is a fair deal

- if it is used from private with no warranty or protection plan then it's a poor deal

Is the 70 CS or normal? just there is a USD 1,000 difference. 

Buying from a reputable dealer and with warranty is key. Saving $1,000 and not having the piece of mind is just not worthy to me. 

Cheers, 

Lorenzo

Seems like a very good deal. 

I paid 5,700 pounds for a new S 006 (black). 

Then presumably you got a 3 year Protection Plan, which his does not include. And that's before even considering the age or service history of the gear he's considering.  Read above.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

I paid a very similar price on a demo model (006 + 70mm) at the outlet store in Wetzlar. 

Non CS lens, but both with warranty and the Protection Plan (I also did not open that one)...

Basically I paid around 800€ more than what I got out of my M 240 (which I didn't bond with at all...) and 50mm Summilux ASPH (which I REALLY liked, but just wasn't as attached to as my 35mm Lux) 

Now I have a combination that actually makes sense in addition to the M9 because it does something different...

The first camera in a long time (since the M9 that is..) that I feel a connection with!

Cameras I could not (and probably never will) sell are: Ricoh GR, 5D I and M9 ...  though the GR and 5D are mostly nostalgic value and pretty cheap ...