2015 © Massimo S. Volonté Fotografo​
M9, 35'cron IV

Advertisement (gone after registration)

came out very well

Thanks...

Superb light.

Good eye to take this shot, congrats.

So kind...

Hey Massimo - Why don't you ever comment and congratulate others on the photos that they post on this forum?  You just post and wait for praise on yours.  Is that really what this forum is really all about??

Hey Massimo - Why don't you ever comment and congratulate others on the photos that they post on this forum?  You just post and wait for praise on yours.  Is that really what this forum is really all about??

I'm sorry about that... That's a question of time and maybe because I'm so shy...

So, thank you so much for your time...

This image is trademark A Miller style. Love it.

www.rodriguezahr.com

Unfortunately I don't know the A Miller "trademark", thanks for commenting...

I'm sorry about that... That's a question of time and maybe because I'm so shy...

So, thank you so much for your time...

Unfortunately I don't know the A Miller "trademark", thanks for commenting...

Massimo - Ok, thanks for the explanation.  I didn't mean to be nasty toward you or tell you how you should be spending your valuable time.  It is just that after so many years of seeing you get good benefit from this community and seeing people take precious time out of their very busy days to review your photos and open their minds to try to make sense of them and then give you very generous feedback, a reasonable person might expect that you would feel that it would be a nice thing to return the gesture in kind. I've never met anyone who is "shy" to click the "thanks" button.   With as much time as you spend trying to make artistic photos and the processing and posting that you do, I do find it hard to believe - ok I'll be honest I think you are full of bologna

- that it is a question of time or shyness. 

In any case, let the blurriness rage on!

Massimo - Ok, thanks for the explanation.  I didn't mean to be nasty toward you or tell you how you should be spending your valuable time.  It is just that after so many years of seeing you get good benefit from this community and seeing people take precious time out of their very busy days to review your photos and open their minds to try to make sense of them and then give you very generous feedback, a reasonable person might expect that you would feel that it would be a nice thing to return the gesture in kind. I've never met anyone who is "shy" to click the "thanks" button.   With as much time as you spend trying to make artistic photos and the processing and posting that you do, I do find it hard to believe - ok I'll be honest I think you are full of bologna

- that it is a question of time or shyness. 

In any case, let the blurriness rage on!

Uh... I repeat, sorry about that... Then, you can believe or not what I wrote before, up to you.

Remember, you know nothing about me...

Enjoy your browsing.

Take care.

Uh... I repeat, sorry about that... Then, you can believe or not what I wrote before, up to you.

Remember, you know nothing about me...

Enjoy your browsing.

Take care.

I know enough after so many years.  

I personally see it as shilling for more traffic to his blog, a practice for which I have no sympathy. A few people actively do this and honestly, that's rude.

But as a sidenote I can't believe that people praise pics that need a popular reference (popular song, movie, etc) to be able to somehow stand on their own. I guess that's a technique I could use: upgrading all my work by linking it to Pink Floyd's songs. Would people really fall for such bs? Maybe...

And in the end, people are free to participate is forums as they see fit. I tend to be direct. Other people are too kind...

Edited by NB23

Personally, I don't understand why any of this is relevant.

Massimos pictures are consistently interesting... surely that's all that matters?

If anyone then chooses to look up another photographers blog to see more of that work, then surely that's a good thing?

There are far too many very dull, banal, photographs around... I'm interested in those few that make a difference to how we all see the world...

This is not one of my favourite Massimo photo's, in fact, it's probably one of the few more conventional images MSV has produced... which makes it even more surprising that it is this thread particular thread, and not one of Massimos others, that has illicited these rather unkind comments.

Massimo, ignore the comments. I, and many others on here, look forward to your posts. Most street photography is 'ten a penny', yours are actually interesting.

Massimos pictures are consistently interesting... surely that's all that matters?

If anyone then chooses to look up another photographers blog to see more of that work, then surely that's a good thing?

There are far too many very dull, banal, photographs around... I'm interested in those few that make a difference to how we all see the world...

This is not one of my favourite Massimo photo's, in fact, it's probably one of the few more conventional images MSV has produced... which makes it even more surprising that it is this thread particular thread, and not one of Massimos others, that has illicited these rather unkind comments.

Massimo, ignore the comments. I, and many others on here, look forward to your posts. Most street photography is 'ten a penny', yours are actually interesting.

Bill -  You have digressed way beyond the intent of my long-built up initial comment.  It has nothing whatsoever to do about his photos.  And everything to do about this forum community.   Massimo will surely ignore and not capitulate in becoming a better forum community member.  None of my business, and I don't give a hoot.  But I just wanted to make the observation.

Thank you for your valuable time spent on this post...

I respect every point of view.

By the way, I have to specially thanks Bill, for his kind words. I completely share your thought.

Enjoy the light and... the shadows.

Max