Mode Lock Photo/Video

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm still not figuring this out. I don't think it disable the video button.

I think the video button still switches the video function on and the only difference is whether this button starts and stops the video recording.

With this move turned on, I think it locks the shooting mode such that if video had been activated, the shutter release will shoot in video mode (when you think you are snapping an image).

Would cleverer members clarify the duration please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The function of the Mode Lock Photo/Video depends on the display mode!

To change the display mode, press the Display Button and you can toggle the display on the monitor/viewfinder between three different photo display modes and one video display mode:

The available display modes are:

1. Display Mode with no indicators on the monitor image (photo mode) -> 2. Display mode with indicators on the lower edge of the monitor image (photo mode) -> 3. Display mode with indicators on the upper and lower edge of the monitor image (photo mode) -> 4. Video Display Mode (video mode) -> 1. ...

When you lock the Photo/Video mode ("on"), you can´t take photos if you choose the video mode display (mode 4) and you can´t make a video if you choose one of the three photo display modes (mode 1, 2, 3). With the video mode display (mode 4), the video button and the shutter release button work as video button. With one of the three photo display modes (mode 1,2,3), the video button has no function.

When you unlock the Photo/Video mode ("off"), you can take photos and make videos in every display mode (mode 1,2,3,4), photos with the shutter release button and videos with the video button.

Hope this helps...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

The problem is : you can display the video mode, even if you don't want it. Why is there a video display mode and a video ON/OFF button ? it's a nonsense.

There is no generell video ON/OFF button. You only can decide, if video (the video button) works in the three photo display modes or not. This is not nonsense, at best a misunderstanding. 

There is no generell video ON/OFF button. You only can decide, if video (the video button) works the three photo display modes or not. This is not nonsense, at best a misunderstanding. 

Thanks for this and your previous post. It's good to learn something new! I guess I had never moved out of mode 3 before. The benefit as I see it is that in modes 1-3 you can be sure that an accidental press on the video button wont trigger video (with Photo/video mode = on) but you can quickly move to video mode by moving to screen mode 4. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Can anyone confirm if this function is available in the Q, firmware 3.1?
I can't find it in the menu.

Best regards

chema

I found it!

It's into:
"customize keys". Personalizar teclado, en español.

gracias

• 1 year later...