Lisbon Challenge - details - all you could ever need

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks James.

I have to say that Lisbon was a great choice of location for this year and fortunately, one of the better value European cities. We have had a really good weekend here.

I will post the instructions for submission of entries when I get home.

• Like 5

A big round of thanks to...

...Andy for the hard work of organizing the event as every year (and counting all the money after dinner - we should get a money counting machine, eventually)

...especially our Portugese participants for joining and all others, who ventured the first time.

...and of course the "usual suspects" for joining every year, although they know they will be in company like us :)

Special thanks to John (erl) for not being kept down by a broken hand, to Ravi for the recipe how to bake bread in a normal oven using a Le Creuset (I need to get one now) and the ascend to the Cristo Rei (without oxygen!), to Eileen and Tom for security at the Thieves Market (Feira da Ladra), to Philippe and Simon for wasting some time away at the airport and to the friendly flight attendant of Brussels Airways (since we started 30 mins late, I was concerned about my connection flight, but she just smiled "don't worry, that plane won't start without us, it is our next shift") and of course to everyone else for sharing a drink and a laugh, the city of Lisbon for being an excellent location (the clouds actually gave a nice, soft light and blue, cloudless skies give a rather boring backdrop anyhow).

The longest journey goes of course again to Melbourne, but with the Australians regularly looting our continent for pictures, there is a chance to strike back on 8th April 2017.

All the best, hope, you all enjoyed it as well

Stefan

• Like 8

I had a wonderful fun time with all of you, sharing memories, making memories and having laughs. (Sorry Erl :-) but Melanie loved those one liners against you).

Missing those One-Challenge-Friends who are no longer with us :(    

Jana and Rick I remember well. 

• Like 5

Had a fantastic time yesterday and I was very happy to meet you all in Lisbon. I am so glad I came and I am looking forward to meeting you again next year in [.......], should family and vacations permit. A special thank you to Andy for organizing the event and to all of you lovely people who received me so well and with your hearts open, it's really good to see that in a group that goes a long way back and that could otherwise be more closed towards accepting new people. Also the idea of getting to a different city every year seems very attractive so let's start making plans!

• Like 7

Back yesterday evening having had a wonderful time.

Always a pleasure meeting up with familiar faces, and seeing a few new ones.

I'll echo what everyone else has already said - thank you Andy for once again taking up the mantle and making sure that everyone's memories are fond ones.

• Like 5

I'll echo everybody and thank again Andy for another brilliantly organized Challenge. I only wish Andy didn't have to be out of his own pocket for the second time when it was time to settle the restaurant bill. This is very unfair to him. We'll have to think of a better way in Rome.

Thanks to all the participants and especially to our Portugese friends who not only embraced the Challenge but provided us with a fascinating opportunity to visit the Leica factory and realize why Leica products are so special. It was an eye opening experience.

Looking forward to next year already - and Melbourne, if everything goes well...

• Like 4