Lisbon Challenge - details - all you could ever need

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's that time of year again folks, so herewith the details for the forthcoming Lisbon One Challenge.

This is the "EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LISBON ONE CHALLENGE, BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK" thread.

Just a note for anyone who is not familiar with the One Challenge, it is a weekend centred around a competition with very simple rules:

·         One Leica camera body, or
·         One Leica lens (one focal length if using a camera with a zoom)
·         One film (or 36 digital exposures – on a trust basis and NO deletions along the way!)
·         Two hours from taking the first shot
·         One best shot of the roll chosen for submission
·         One winner of the entry fee pot

Actually, what it’s really about is getting together in a different European city every year, meeting up with old friends and new ones, and generally having a jolly time. This is the thirteenth one, so I am pretty sure that we have the formula about right now :)

If anyone has any queries, please ask!

I look forward to seeing friends old and new in October

Everyone is welcome!

And, don't forget if you are coming, and want to join everyone for dinner (it's not obligatory!), then please add your name to this list

Thanks

160821 Lisbon Instructions.pdf

• Like 5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the dinner thread, there are also two other threads running about Lisbon at the moment

Transportation within the city

Porto Factory Tour (Still a couple of places left as of 21/08/16)

(Apologies for multiple threads, but it helps me to keep a track of what is going on)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's that time of year again folks, so herewith the details for the forthcoming Lisbon One Challenge.

This is the "EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LISBON ONE CHALLENGE, BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK" thread.

Just a note for anyone who is not familiar with the One Challenge, it is a weekend centred around a competition with very simple rules:

· One Leica camera body, or

· One Leica lens (one focal length if using a camera with a zoom)

· One film (or 36 digital exposures – on a trust basis and NO deletions along the way!)

· Two hours from taking the first shot

· One best shot of the roll chosen for submission

· One winner of the entry fee pot

Actually, what it’s really about is getting together in a different European city every year, meeting up with old friends and new ones, and generally having a jolly time. This is the thirteenth one, so I am pretty sure that we have the formula about right now :)

If anyone has any queries, please ask!

I look forward to seeing friends old and new in October

Everyone is welcome!

And, don't forget if you are coming, and want to join everyone for dinner (it's not obligatory!), then please add your name to this list

Thanks

attachicon.gif160821 Lisbon Instructions.pdf

Thanks I will be there! This is not the Lisbon Meet and I will be in both!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still wondering which camera I can hold!

I start my trek North tomorrow. I bought a small case with wheels so I can push it instead of carrying it.

Practicing using the M9 single handed.

Footnote: I have a broken wrist. The plaster comes off today.

I fly tomorrow.

(Actually, that was really a handnote I guess!) :p

• Like 8

Hi, so, we meet at lunchtime, at the place we are going to dine.

The 2hr shoot, is by foot i guess, and we will all be together, or do we go separate ways and only meet after that period of time?

The area to shoot is near trindade, or whole Lisboa? ;)

Hopefully there will not be any rain involved!

Thanks

We are meeting at the same place as the dinner later.

You can shoot anywhere you wish, across the whole city. And you can go alone or with others, it's all your choice.

You can get on the tram to go to the far end of the city, or stay in the centre.

See you next week!

Tomorrow morning I'm flying to Lisboa and I'm happy too meet the Challenge One friends again. The other thing is, that my flight goes at 7 am and I have a travel one hour to the airport, that means to start at 4 am 

My flight is at 6am on thursday but even with a 20min trip to airport (including parking car and walking from long stay), I also leave home at 4am. 

PS Your bread is in the freezer :) 

It has 85% Alnatura Weissmehl, 5% haferflocken (ground) and 10% Indian chappati flour (I couldnt resist) :) 

One small loaf is filled with feta cheese, olives, olive oil, chilis and cumin seeds, with some pepper too. 

• Like 2

And the two hour shooting period starts when you take your first photo.

Really? Does this mean there's no scheduled hour to end? I thought it would end about maybe 15:00, even though i didnt quite get the exact start hour :o

PS: i love feta cheese!

Edited by brunomigas

Really? Does this mean there's no scheduled hour to end? I thought it would end about maybe 15:00, even though i didnt quite get the exact start hour :o

Well if you don't take a photo until 5pm you will have to finish by 7pm! I think most people will start soon after lunch though.

It's all on trust, there's no one checking up on you.

• Like 1

It should end before the Night Challenge starts :) 

PS - meet me on Friday of when I meet Ferdi and you can have a slice. I still havent tried this bread so hope it tastes good. 

• Like 1

Ar Santiago last night after a fab day Barcelona. Slight hiccup, I lost my trusty Swiss Army Knife at BCN security . Stupid packing by me! Arrive Lisbon tomorrow about 1pm, I think. Need to check with nurse/navigator. Practice withholding camera is improving, I think!

• Like 2