Leica T wireless remote release (iOS-less)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi!
I am thinking about getting a Leica T. The main reason for the thought is that - unlike my M8 - it can be released remotely (and wireless), which is something I need for a project coming up.
So now I looked a bit more into that, and it seems the only way to actually do so is with iOS and I-something. I have Android on an old phone, and would not want to buy a phone to control my camera.
Are there more conventional, regular remote triggers that will work?

(if someone knows of a solution for the M-systems, that would also be appreciated. As far as I know, the mechanical release of the M cannot be triggered remotely without wire).

Edited by Peter_S

Hi, First post here so be gentle :-)

I used to have to take self photos of my carp fishing adventures and needed to use a bulb lease not an electronic release, as whilst holding the fish I would kneel on the bulb and take the photo myself, I used something like this and it worked brilliantly: -

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/firstcall-cable-release-adaptor-bracket-for-compact-cameras/p119

It worked so well I am probably going to order another especially  for my newly acquired T

119.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Gary,

I've just ordered the flash adapter version, it will come from China so will probably take 3-4 weeks, if the spacing is slightly out I can get my mate to cut and weld it into the perfect position.

I have a bad back so no more carrying of my Mamiya RB67 or Blads or even my Nikons, the T is to replace them all and if I want to shoot film then I have a complete set of lenses with my Contax G2 outfit so the best of both worlds.

I'll let you know how it fits.

Regards,

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well this has just arrived but sadly is too short for the T, I'm going to show it to my mate and what he can design along these lines.

The firstcall one is perfect though just a little bulkier.

I'm on Android Peter, so the app is useless for me, unless Leica do something about making it both platforms.

Before you launch into buying the T, and also the iPhone, check what the app's requirements are, that might determine the iPhone version that is also required.

Gary

Hi!

Thank you all for the helpful input. I will give the T a try. Not many alternatives. Iphones are cheap used. Any generation should work, I suppose?

Leica T app requires iOS 7 to run, so the phones available are iPhone 4 or later. 

You might as well grab a new iPod touch, starting at kr 2090,00 or buy an iPad to edit the images as well.

Since the T can create its own hotspot since firmware 1.5 even the wifi only version works fine.