Leica rep travels with T camera and lenses in Italy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thought you might find this article interesting:

http://www.madeinwetzlar.com/traveling-through-italy-with-the-leica-t-system

I wouldn't want to travel with three or four lenses. Which one or two of the T lenses would you take?

Your thoughts on the article?

John

Edited by Learner

Nice article, although I got the feeling he was selling us something, maybe that's just me.

If I read it correctly, he took the 11-23, the 18-56, and the 55-135, so three lenses. I did think though that if he took them he would have also taken the 23mm Summicron.

I haven't taken my T on this sort of trip (did Europe last year but took the X-Vario and wasn't disappointed) but I have procrastinated about this decision.

The T, and the 23 Summicron would be my pick, as long as I had the M6 with me, therefore also having for the T the 50mm Summicron M, and the 35mm Summicron M.

But then I figure I'm stuck up an alley somewhere in Umbria, or Tuscany, or Venice, and wish I had the 11-23 (I don't own it, but had been considering it).

First world problems I know. And given as he said, he had a car, I'd take the whole lot.

Next year we'll be back to Europe, I will have the X-Vario most likely, plus the M6, and I am contemplating taking my SWC as well. Strong across the back, thick between the ears, for sure.

Gary

• Like 2

I just stayd 2 weeks on a greeck Isalnd and brought the T with all available T lenses. (I did not carry all lenses every day)

I used the 35/1.4 for about 80%, the 18-56 for maybe 15% and the 55-135, 12-23 and 23/2.0 for the rest 5%.

It would be great if the 18-56 started at 16mm IMO.

If I had to reduce weight I would bring 18-56, 35 and 55-135.

If I had to reduce further weight I would bring just 23mm and 18-56.

• Like 1

I just stayd 2 weeks on a greeck Isalnd and brought the T with all available T lenses. (I did not carry all lenses every day)

I used the 35/1.4 for about 80%, the 18-56 for maybe 15% and the 55-135, 12-23 and 23/2.0 for the rest 5%.

It would be great if the 18-56 started at 16mm IMO.

If I had to reduce weight I would bring 18-56, 35 and 55-135.

If I had to reduce further weight I would bring just 23mm and 18-56.

I have to correct myself, I just looked and saw I used the 18-56 nearly as much as the 35mm. 35mm more for images of my family or in the evening, 18-56 more for general shooting.

I have to correct myself, I just looked and saw I used the 18-56 nearly as much as the 35mm. 35mm more for images of my family or in the evening, 18-56 more for general shooting.

I'm just a tad surprised that you did not use the 11/23 more for some breathtaking panoramic shots, but I suppose that's just me.

Rob