Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

ornaments on a Jewish cemetery in Wroclaw (Breslau) - 5 pictures

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wroclaw (Breslau), Poland, Jewish cemetery , Olympus EM 5 with Nocticron 43 mm

This cemetery is quite an abandoned place where just a first attempt of cleaning and weeding gives the sight free of its former beauty. It can be seen that future will probably rouse more interest in this almost forgotten part of history.

We enjoyed the trnaquil atmosphere which made us almost meditate.

Lovely, though I think #4 would would be stronger without the toning, or with the toning being less yellow anymore sepia.

Stuart,

thank you, that is what I was thinking too. I'll was not sure and will change this toning.

Brent,

thanks for your kind Feedback. Those two were those where it took me a while to get the right frame.

These are very good images individually and as a set. If I could pick only one, it would be the first. By the way, I have seen a lot of abandoned Jewish cemeteries in Poland and this one is pristine and quite intact compared to most. Thanks for posting these.

war,

oh, this is interesting. Wroclaw (Breslau) altogether seems to be somehow more looking to the West. It has a University with many foreign students. They have an intense exchange also from the economical view because Technology is being encouraged to settle down in Wroclaw. I think that all these things together also bring about a stronger interest in history.

Thank you very much for your Response and detailed comment.

It's always interesting when we look at the small details which define a place, specially a particular place like this one.

My preference goes to the second one because of its clean framing, but this is just a personal feel. I agree with Stuart N°4 has a too yellow shade, but the photo itself is interesting.

Well done, thanks for posting the series

robert

Robert,

yes, I know the "yellow-one" is still waiting for reprocessing. You both are right, a bit too much of the sort....

Interesitng you mentiond the second one, I stood there for a while and hought, which is the right frame and found that just a hint is enough. Thank you very much for your support!

This cemetery was a challenge and it was a great emotional journey.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Useink!
      High Wycombe from Cemetery Hill
    • By Iduna
      This is a small cemetery in our city is perched on a hilly site. My job is to show its landscape features and details.The special kitchy aspect cannot be neglected and belong to the range of human dreams. I used several lenses and here I can only show those taken with the Nocticron on the Olympus EM 5 MKII, The landscapes in colour and will be shown on a separate thread.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

• Guest )-(
      By Guest )-(
      Hardster, MarkP and myself did a bit of a late afternoon photowalk around Waverley Cemetery back in May. Here's a thread to share some images from what proved a nice opportunity to meet some forum members and to enjoy a glorious still Winter sunset.

A little bit on Waverley Cemetery itself... It's located on cliffs just South of Bronte beach in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs looking East across the Pacific Ocean. The Cemetery has always been a 'private' self-funded one raising income from burial/maintenance fees, so tends to have some grander gravestones, statues, crypts etc. dating right back to its 1877 opening.

It's in a real million billion dollar spot overlooking some of Sydney's most celebrated beaches, including Bondi's golden crescent. However the cemetery itself is in a constant need of repair/in fundraising mode as it doesn't generate any excess income. I'm not aware of any celebrated photographers buried here (yet
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! ), author Henry Lawson is probably the most well known resident.  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

MP, Portra 160

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8072/29391139541_f5415596b3_b.jpg&key=84c4a3869c3f1fd9c196eef7cdae83edbe2f9e5a724df3f2ec8f2a1532a523ae">  
      MP, Portra 400

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8439/28845817354_6eea36a0be_b.jpg&key=662d68dbb5bb7184345e80aac87c3e6ab68b5f35a4926a4d20e0815d1e9f7549">
    • By Iduna
      Duisburg, Landscape Park North.

This location is so full of potential that one can spend their days shooting with different light and subjects. This time we started with wideangle aspects first. We were drawn to its surreal aspects.

Leica Q

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy