Flash for Indoor SF40 or SF64 Leica M240

freitz

The SF40 works well with my M-P 240 and isn't too big. Exposure is adjusted automatically if you tilt the head to create bounce.

In fairness I haven't used flash very often ... only when the light levels are really awful.

I am not a big flash guy, mostly because I can't seem to get it right. However at my daughters birthday the light was harsh, all kinds of different yellow light and the room had sunlight from the windows but it didn't help. 

The SF24D was hard to use since it was a direct flash. 

Do you find the SF40 powerful enough?

The difference between the SF 40 and the SF 64 is only about 1 stop. The SF 40 is tiny and fits on a Leica very well. The only two (minor) issues with the SF 40 are, (1) the click stops for positioning the head do not easly let the head face walls to the side. I prefer to bounce off wall than ceilings, and (2), the dials on the back are easly moved.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The difference between the SF 40 and the SF 64 is only about 1 stop. The SF 40 is tiny and fits on a Leica very well. The only two (minor) issues with the SF 40 are, (1) the click stops for positioning the head do not easly let the head face walls to the side. I prefer to bounce off wall than ceilings, and (2), the dials on the back are easly moved.

3) the EV is 1/2 step on SF40 while most cameras are 1/3 step.  So, it ends up only five variations -2,-1,0,+1 & +2 but nothing in between.

• 2 weeks later...