Trip to Italy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just returned from Como, Milan and Lago Maggiore. About 50% of the time I was visiting villas and needed good wide angle for interiors; 25% of shots were of people; 25% landscapes. I traveled with an M240 (w MATE, 21SEM, 90mm f2 (which I did not use))  and a Fuji XT-2 (16-55, 50-140, 50 1.2 (which I did not use--I had expected more photo opportunitites during Milan's Fashion Week than actually occurred).  My most used lens (given interiors and landscapes) was the M 21mm SEM on the M240. What a superb combo!  The 2nd most used lens was the 16-55 f2.8 (24-80 equivalent) Fuji/XT2, also superb, but not wide enough for many interiors, but great for isolating objects within a room, including paintings.

I am heading shortly to Yerevan (lots of dark churches with dark interiors, plus really fantastic landscapes, and the city itself, an interesting hybrid of awful Soviet buildings and delightful, contemporary post-Soviet architecture with relatively normal street widths rather than Italy's narrow streets). For this trip, I need to travel a bit lighter. Based on my travels there last year and my recent travel to Italy, I'm probably just going to take a Leica T, with several TL lenses 11-23, 18-56 and 55-135, and, perhaps, the new 35mm 1.4 Summilux for evening and interior details. Plus the Leica i40 flash.