Show your Leica X Camera

jip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is mine with accessories minus the hood, which is currently back on the camera.  I remember with my X1 and no hood feeling like the camera lens was naked but the coating was so good, I never felt flare to be an issue.  I find the same with the X, but feel a bit more protected leaving cap off when I have the hood on the camera. 

164069264.Iuvr3MLR.X113.jpg

Edited by DwF
  • Like 6

Here is mine with accessories minus the hood, which is currently back on the camera.  I remember with my X1 and no hood feeling like the camera lens was naked but the coating was so good, I never felt flare to be an issue.  I find the same with the X, but feel a bit more protected leaving cap off when I have the hood on the camera. 

That looks like the Leica VIsoflex Typ 020...I though only the EVF2 worked on the X Vario?

Toshi

X vario w Olympus evf and Leica cognac case

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 4

My liked X Vario in its case Luigi and protected by the small bag Ona leather.

Guy

• Like 4

X Vario with Olympus VF-2

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is my Leica X Vario after more than three years of use (taken with my wife's Sony RX100 -- the M did not get close enough...):

It doesn't collect much dust, because it is so much used -- except for the sensor (it just returned from another cleaning attempt at Leica...).

Best regards, Gerd

( My X Vario pages: http://www.waloszek.de/overview_lxv_e.php ) (took some effort to make the link work -- the bracket was included...)

Edited by waloszek
  • Like 5

Here is my Leica X Vario after more than three years of use (taken with my wife's Sony RX100 -- the M did not get close enough...):

attachicon.gifDSC00385a_1200_jm.jpg

It doesn't collect much dust, because it is so much used -- except for the sensor (it just returned from another cleaning attempt at Leica...).

Best regards, Gerd

( My X Vario pages: http://www.waloszek.de/overview_lxv_e.php ) (took some effort to make the link work -- the bracket was included...)

Very nice Gerd, and I enjoyed your link and many of your photos!

• Like 1

X2 with filter adapter, hood, grip, and optical viewfinder

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi DwF,

What OVF are you using and how well does it work? I like how it looks.

Edited by leicadude

LD-  I use the Leica 36mm finder and I like it!  When using it, I approach a scene, keying the auto-focus before placing my eye to the finder, allowing me to see that the green square showing focus, frame and shoot. The X1 and X2 have a green light on the back of the camera that shows up while your eye is at the finder and that is better but really this just takes a bit of practice.  My EVF is the Visofllex Type 020 and that works very well but for more critical shooting.

David

• Like 1

LD-  I use the Leica 36mm finder and I like it!  When using it, I approach a scene, keying the auto-focus before placing my eye to the finder, allowing me to see that the green square showing focus, frame and shoot. The X1 and X2 have a green light on the back of the camera that shows up while your eye is at the finder and that is better but really this just takes a bit of practice.  My EVF is the Visofllex Type 020 and that works very well but for more critical shooting.

David

Thanks David. This might be a good option. The Typ 020 is very expensive and a little big.

The size of the EVF has not been an issue at all FWIW YMMV :)  It is pricey but I found mine used at a great price.  The OVF was used for about $75 off ebay. Honestly though, I use the LCD a fair amount just because it works really well, and even works well for manual focusing.  The manual focusing on the X is so good that I use it pretty regularly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up this X-Vario used from B&H.  Best thing I ever did.  Still trying to see if the strap works better than the finger loop for walking around.  Now I have to decide on a case.  What's the consensus; stealth black or something that stands out ?

• Like 1

I have had an X-Vario for quite a while, best camera I ever bought, especially for travel. It has just toppled the X-Pro2 as my digital companion. Sure the X-Pro2 is better, bigger files, more megapixels, faster AF etc, but the X-Vario has soul that I didn't find/feel with the X-Pro2.

The question of case has me answering. I use my X-Vario in a messenger style bag, with my M6 and lenses. So, film and digital in the one bag. If alone, I have the cognac Leica ever-ready case, and it is secure and nice, BUT, even a filter on the front means the case does not fit, so it does have it's downsides.

Depends on whether you want to carry just the X-Vario alone, or along with other cameras.

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leica X Vario plus Leica lens hood, case and viewfinder. Great combination.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Here is my Leica X1 with the Olympus Viewfinder VF-1 and Handgrip.Foto is taken with Leica Digilux 2

Tom from Cologne

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

1+X=Iam

• Like 5