Sign in to follow this  
Jenningsmca

Leica SL f2.1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just updated my SL yesterday to the new firmware 2.1 with no issues during the installation.

Looks like I sold my house and am going to sell some furniture so I grabbed the SL w/24-90 lens and a pw to use with my sb900 flashes.

The camera I normally leave in AFC, Static, field for focusing unless I'm walking around downtown and sometimes change to face recognition which is like a dynamic focusing.

When trying to focus yesterday, I had sufficient ambient light and used the flash for fill, the camera would hunt like crazy trying to get a lock. It is also locking focus but nearby objects are in the viewfinder are wobbly. The lens would also make odd noises like the vibration reduction is Turing on and off. This only appears to happen in AFC, if I select AFS it's fine.

I don't remember this happening prior to the f/2.1 upgrade, can anyone elaborate on this?

If reacher freaky, makes me appear a little quisy in the stomachs if you look at it too long.