Advertisement (gone after registration)

I shot a little photo series while in Vietnam this summer

All Kodak Portra 160/400, Leica M6, 35mm Summicron

Teaser:

Nice candid shots. I shot a similar series when I was in Istanbul a couple of years ago - it's always fun to see how much time others have to just sit around, especially when we always seem to be so busy......

• 2 weeks later...

I have to be honest about vietnam and many other asian countries. Before the internet, it was my dream to visit. But all I ever see from those countries is people sitting.

Sitting on this sidewalk. Sitting on that sidewalk. Crouching here. Crouching there.

Eat soup while crohching, crouching while

Eating soup. Crouch sleeping. Sleeping and crouching.

If I base my opinion on the 1million+ photos I've seen from vietnam My conclusion is that tere's nothing interesting to shoot over there. Except people crouching.

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have to be honest about vietnam and many other asian countries. Before the internet, it was my dream to visit. But all I ever see from those countries is people sitting.

Sitting on this sidewalk. Sitting on that sidewalk. Crouching here. Crouching there.

If I base my opinion on the 1million+ photos I've seen from vietnam My conclusion is that tere's nothing interesting to shoot over there. Except people crouching.

haha, well I don't know if you've checked out my full series behind the link but what you said is kind of the point of the series

... kind of

That being said, there is a lot more to photograph than people sitting! However, I have to agree that there are other countries that inspire me quite a bit more...

Guest satrycon

Really ? most of this album is Vietnam and some in Korea..

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7wBScp

and this one is all Vietnam > https://flic.kr/s/aHsky82GVT

Edited by satrycon

like I said, there is a lot more to photograph

Really ? most of this album is Vietnam and some in Korea..

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7wBScp

and this one is all Vietnam > https://flic.kr/s/aHsky82GVT

Guest satrycon

here you go..interesting to hear your genuine opinion of my terrible  photos & your vociferous opinion of disabled people.

Close up of car doors, people's backs, unrealistic colors... At least you worked hard to avoid all the people crutching ad infinitum.

here you go..interesting to hear your genuine opinion of my terrible  photos & your vociferous opinion of disabled people.

You shouldn't have such a low opinion of your own work, though. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't judged them, and HDR is a matter of taste.

About the disabled, I have no idea where you read my vociferous opinion on them. But shooting them doesn't necessarily mean that you respect them more than if you don't shoot them.

Edit: i meant crouching, not crutching.

Edited by jaapv
Guest satrycon

FYI. not even one of my 3531 photographs on flickr are HDR.

whatever.

You shouldn't have such a low opinion of your own work, though. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't judged them, and HDR is a matter of taste.

About the disabled, I have no idea where you read my vociferous opinion on them. But shooting them doesn't necessarily mean that you respect them more than if you don't shoot them.

Guest satrycon

im not worked up...and thank you for your opinion..its rare to see real opinions here not just the usual replies about good shots.

They cerrainly look so. All a matter of taste and my opinion is just an opinion. No need to get all worked up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.