Leica Q Firmware 2.1 Wishlist

+1 for

-manual video (manual exposure, plus 24p framerate) and peaking/clipping in video mode

-renamable user profiles

-better exp lock function

-customizable video/delete button

-more customizable functions

I really cannot agree. For me the essence of the Q apart from its quality of lens and build is its simplicity: a minimal number of buttons which mainly do what they say with limited customisation and a simple menu structure. It is so refreshing to return to the basics. OK I can see that having some video function might come in handy from time to time for some (but what's wrong with the iPhone for that) but the last thing I want to see is the Q to morph into an all singing and dancing digital camera. That market is already more than adequately catered for. I am new to Leica but through the Q have come to rediscover the benefits of keeping it simple so I can concentrate on making images.

• Like 4

I just want to the option to turn off Noise Reduction for exposures that are 1sec and longer. I like to stack long exposures and this kills my workflow when trying to achieve what I want. I've realized that Leica simply does not care about this so I'm on the verge of selling this camera and switching back to Sony. I truly love it for nearly everything else but this is pretty much a deal breaker for me, at the time I bought the camera there was no information about this anywhere online and it never crossed my mind due to the fact that EVERY other FF camera I've owned has an option to turn it off.

Leica's position on this baffles me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know if Leica is working on a new firmware at all?? Is there a beta program to join? Or does anybody know when it will be released?

Two years into the Q product life now. I doubt that firmware changes will appear. The beta testing for bugs and improvements took place more than a year ago.

A new version of the camera should appear next year.