Leica Q Firmware 2.1 Wishlist

The one change that would make the most difference to the way I use my Q is to be able to switch Focus modes more easily.

At the moment, moving from single point AF to Face Detection or Touch focus is far too cumbersome for real life (which changes rapidly). I have to use three of my four profile options just to be able to switch around AF modes. What a waste.

Ideally, make this one of the options on the button at the top right (can't remember what it's called, but it defaults to Crop modes), or at least make it an FN button option.

• Like 3

The one change that would make the most difference to the way I use my Q is to be able to switch Focus modes more easily.

At the moment, moving from single point AF to Face Detection or Touch focus is far too cumbersome for real life (which changes rapidly). I have to use three of my four profile options just to be able to switch around AF modes. What a waste.

Ideally, make this one of the options on the button at the top right (can't remember what it's called, but it defaults to Crop modes), or at least make it an FN button option.

I share you view on this feature. I would like it to replace the Video button.

I share you view on this feature. I would like it to replace the Video button.

I really love that idea and it's solution with using the video button.

• 3 weeks later...

My Wish List:

1. Firmware Update to allow touch focus (+shutter release if required) when using the EVF.

2. Firmware update mapping focus modes to FN buttons as we cannot change the focus mode without going into menu and sub menu. A particular problem when going from touch focus on the LCD to 1 point the on EVF - see also 1 above.

3. 4K Video PLEASE - that I understand from posts elsewhere several months ago that this was to be implemented once the overheating problem had been solved - surely this must have been solved by now.

All of these "wishes" have been implemented by Panasonic on their cameras and Panasonic handles Leica Q electronics and are not exotic. They are basic functions that (in the case of 1 & 2) enhance the minimalist ethos as they lead to less button pushes allowing more concentration on composition an more chance of capturing the 'decisive moment".

Eric8255

• 2 weeks later...

1. Remove video option from set button (we have a red record button already!). I end up in video record all the time for some reason but I want to shoot stills!!!

2. Allow to assign any function to FN button. Current options are too limited.

3. Name custom profiles