SonomaBear

Help me disable this video function!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, DaleG said:

Thanks for your quick reply.  this battle has been in progress for several weeks.  Leica's manual, for me, was little help.  the first time this happened, at a shoot in front of clients, I was ready to hurl the Q against a stone wall.  it was that frustrating.  and Leica claims to have "simplified" the experience?  argh.  another question - can't someone publish a Guide for the Q that isn't written by Overgaard (don't ask, not buying from him)?

DaleG. I confess that I’ve never read the manual except occasional specific page or two. I mostly learn from reading a lot, trying different things and occasionally soliciting help here. That’s served me well. I do believe the manual is inadequate and confusing or not clear enough at times.

Hang in there. Hopefully you’ll come to like the Q like many of us have. Of course I’m a Qool-Aid drinker so I tend to exaggerate the positives and minimize the negative aspects of the camera. 

thanks for the kind words. appreciated. it is hard to believe that nobody has published a reasonable guide or manual. the images from the Q are compelling. that alone will carry me through most frustrations. hopefully, few will be as embarrassing as being unable to take a photograph rather than a video. the thought of the impression that created (on my client's personnel) is haunting. I'm not looking forward to any repeat of such. I am also much too stubborn to give up on the Q - though I must confess to a few second thoughts. then my weisenheimmer friend advised me to buy an m10-q - because it doesn't shoot videos. yep. almost funny.

Edited by DaleG

There should be away to disable the video........ it happened to me the other day, very frustrating 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:39 PM, Guest said:

There should be away to disable the video........ it happened to me the other day, very frustrating 

It’s happened to all of us at some time. We would prefer a way to turn off video. Unfortunately, Leica in their infinite wisdom seems to ignore our whining. That’s unfortunate. Just cycle the center button away from the video display and keep taking great photos. Maybe someday the Leica gods will listen. I’m not optimistic. 

This thread really highlights the fact that Leica is not a software product company. This is a basic usability issue that could be easily solved via a software update. As long as they don't invest in software produce managers or software engineers with an once of consumer mindset, we'll end up with aberration like this one. And many others.