Monochrom Sensor Replacement Experience

Luke_Miller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilfredo, Were I you, I’d contact Customer Care in N.J. and explain your situation as sincerely as you have here. Ask them to try to help without making any demands. Tell them of your confidence in them. I think they will respond helpfully and quickly.

You have nothing to lose — good luck. Tom

PS Assisi has been a top highlight of my Italian journeys. It truly is a great spiritual center. Photography is another matter — there are many restrictions inside the churches. You may think me amoral, but since I do not sell surruptious photos, I have allowed myself personal mementos of Giotto and St. Francis with a pre-focused wide-angle, shooting from the hip.

Well, I followed your advice and called Leica in Allendale this morning, and to my surprise they told me the camera was ready.  Apparently they had sent an e-mail letting me know it was ready in June. That e-mail must have gone to my spam.  Turn around time for the sensor replacement was 3 months.  I'm heading over there today from New York to fetch my much missed Monochrom.  :)

Guest tofu_man

....,and I picked up mine today.

New sensor, new shutter, new motherboard, and serviced/adjusted.

Nearly 5 years old but all the above free of charge

Well done Leica !

• Like 1