Where have my smilies gone?

Gibbo

I don't know about such new-fangled stuff as iPads. However, my Android tablet does the same (or fails to do the same, rather). As a matter of fact, all the controls to edit and format the post are missing. You can't bold a text or mark something as a quote and so on.

However, you can enter simple smilies by using codes which consist of (usually) two characters. A colon followed by a right parenthesis gives :), a colon followed by an upper case D gives :D and so on. These are the only ones I've been able to remember. All the other ones I have declared to be too weird to use. Your weirdness might vary, of course.

8-)

Funny that though, Pop. It might be my brain playing tricks but I thought I could use smilies on my ipad until recently ie a couple of days ago or so. I'm using safari to view the forum.

:o I typed this post on my pc.

I can't find them. This is on my iPad . On the right hand side of this page the are Post Options, one of which is Enable emoticons and the box is ticked but I can't find them anywhere sob sob sob

On your iPad do you have the Emoji keyboard added? Go to Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards. If Emoji isn't set select Add New Keyboard, and select Emoji from the list. When your keyboard is active you should see a smiley icon lower left next to the microphone icon.

I have English (UK) and Emoji. But if I select an emoji it does not appear in my post. You'll have to take my word for having tried to post some in this post!

Edited by Gibbo