Leica Q Firmware-Update 2.0 - now available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Putting an SD card formatted in the Q, and opening on my iMac, there were three empty folders (names I don't remember) showing. Anyway just dragging the firmware across the desktop and releasing on the card, not within any of the named folders, this was fine. My own problem was: where the hell is the video button on a Q? (The manual meant switching from German to English sections and noting part number!). Anyway with this held down and switching on, the message showed and downloading ran smoothly. Not as lengthy as with some M digital firmware upgrades, and no need to keep holding down any buttons as the process runs. Hopefully, my pics will be DNG only from now on and no time wasted deleting jpeg duplicates on the Mac :).

Hi,

I put he cap on the lens ans set iso to 100iso

Could not get more than 30 seconds.

How do We get 120 sec ??

Thx,

Set top wheel to "1+" and use thumb wheel to choose times longer than 1s. Same as before, except that it now goes to 120s instead of 60s. But you are right, in auto mode it will only go up to 30s.

• Like 1

Hi All,

First post, so  please be gentle!!!

Item 9 on the "New Features" of the version 2 upgrade indicates " Additional information screen added". Am I missing something or what or where is it?

Thanx

I think that may refer to the top and bottom bar in the display. Before, by pressing the middle button on the multicontroller, you could switch between "no additional display"-"picture mode"-"video mode". "Picture mode" would display a top and bottom bar with information and icons. Now you can still have both or just the one on the bottom.

• Like 1

Extended EVF is nice, except....   My Fn button is set to self timer.  Hitting Fn doesn't turn on the LCD.. must look through viewfinder.   I can live with it.

Now to re-build the rest of my user profiles.   And bitch and moan to myself that Leica reset image numbering with no obvious way for me to get back to my preferred number.   Renaming an image doesn't work as I want the image to be in a different folder, too.

• Like 1

Via the FN button...

If you have set the Menu > FN button in Live View to "User Profile", a short press of the FN button will bring it up, and then you can use the thumbwheel or direction pad to scroll to your desired profile. If you have the FN button set to something else, i.e. white balance, file format, etc., a long press of the FN button will bring up the whole list of options. Scroll to the User Profile, release the FN button and do another short press to see/select your profiles.

Ah, that's it - I have the FN button set to Exp-Meter mode.  Thanks for the 'long press' info.

Have noted all the changes, easy enough, but what is: "Picture Mode/Video Lock" ?

By turning this to "off" it disables the red video start button so you don't start making a video by accidentally hitting the button while taking still pictures. I never shoot videos, so I've just turned it off and will probably never turn it on again.

• Like 3

For the following New features # 12.Three modes available for the thumbwheel (Off / AUTO / Exp. Comp.)

Now what should happen when setting is "Auto" for the thumbwheel?

can some one actually check and explain..will appreciate.

when you set this to auto, it works exactly like to did before - in some modes it's the exposure compensation, in other modes it does other stuff. The other settings are for making it do - or limiting its function to only the setting you spec. on the menu.

Wish we could assign another function to the red button!

I agree - but getting it to not automatically start shooting video if pushed accidentally, is the next best thing, imo. I never have hit is accidentally - even while in some serious scrums on the campaign trail - but it's nice to know I never will now.

Edited by beez

Hi

I Was surpised to see the first new image name to be reset to 1000001 after upgrade !

I fixed it as follows:

- edited the SD card on MAC

- renamed the file fom 1000001 to 1010454 (in continuity with my previous folder and image count)

- transfered file 1010454 from folder 100 to folder 101

- deleted folder 100

Worked well.

• Like 3

when you set this to auto, it works exactly like to did before - in some modes it's the exposure compensation, in other modes it does other stuff. The other settings are for making it do - or limiting its function to only the setting you spec. on the menu.

Thank you...one more thing.

Then what is "off"?

to me camera Thumbwheel is functioning same when it is in "off' & "auto".....or i have not understood fully.

good if Leica comes out with New Instruction Manual after update 2.0....