Leica Q Firmware-Update 2.0 - now available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica has just provided the Leica Q Firmware Update 2.0 for download.

With the update many wishes are realized which have been discussed in the Leica Forum - also some forum members have pre-tested the FW in practice.

Here are all the improvements:

• DNG-only mode added
  • EVF extended mode added
  • Extended low shutter speed range
  • User Profile menu item directly accessible
  • Level Gauge display changed
  • Size of 1 Point AF metering area now selectable (Small / Standard / Large) 7. 1 Point AF movement in digital zoom mode restricted to cropped frame
  • Improved Face Detection AF mode function
  • Additional information display screen added
  • Image playback touch zoom function changed
  • Long exposure / Noise reduction countdown added
  • Three modes available for the thumbwheel (Off / AUTO / Exp. Comp.)
  • Mode Lock of the video record button implemented
  • Wi-Fi Password setting changed
  • Flash unit compatibility extended

» All details and the press release can be found on our blog

• Like 1

Thanks, Leon - shame I had to decline the opportunity to be a Beta tester, but maybe next time ;)

Looks to be a very useful set of changes but one item somewhat bemuses me:-

In addition, the menu item "Profiles" is directly accessible and provides quick and easy access to everyone in the user profiles stored function.

Directly accessible how?

Edited by Keith (M)

I've downloaded the firmware to my formatted card, inserted in camera with full charged battery, HELD down video button and turned to ON and I get a spinning wheel in the center that doesn't go the next step.  What am I doing wrong?  Don't what to brick my Q.  

Please help if you can.

Thank you,

Markoe

The file downloaded off the Leica site as a 'urp' file, not zipped.

As soon as I turn on, with video button held, it just shown the normal view on the screen, no menu, nothing

Mac or Windows OS ?

The urp does not need to be unzipped but it may have been seen as a txt file in Windows ... make sure the .urp is 

the ending of the file.

Try a reset of your camera and then format the SD card in camera after reset ....

If your battery is not 100% it may not give you the option of upgrading.

Hope this is of some help.

Bob

The file downloaded off the Leica site as a 'urp' file, not zipped.

As soon as I turn on, with video button held, it just shown the normal view on the screen, no menu, nothing

are you sure you downloaded the correct file?My file downloaded as a .QUF file and installed exactly as described on the download page.

I notice that there was at least one other firmware file available for another camera. Any chance you downloaded this one instead. It would certainly explain why your camera refused to recognise the file

Directly accessible how?

Via the FN button...

If you have set the Menu > FN button in Live View to "User Profile", a short press of the FN button will bring it up, and then you can use the thumbwheel or direction pad to scroll to your desired profile. If you have the FN button set to something else, i.e. white balance, file format, etc., a long press of the FN button will bring up the whole list of options. Scroll to the User Profile, release the FN button and do another short press to see/select your profiles.

• Like 2