Hootan

take video by M240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Anybody knows how can take video more than 4GB by a M240?

My camera stops recording video after 4GB, and it makes problem when I am recording an interview. 

Thanks,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sebas_
      Hello, 
      I am experiencing an image error while video-recording in full frame mode. 
      It is not that easy to see, but I get a bluish-white line on the bottom of the video frame. It is there in full-frame mode but goes away when I switch to APSC. I have just installed Firmware 2 and it is still there. 
      Does any of you have the same issues? Just wanting to check, if I got a bad copy or it's a more common problem. 
      Thanks! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Lollo
      Hello Leica friends,
      I wanted to bring to your attentions some issues I’m having with the Leica SL2.. 
      I have bought this camera mainly for Video shooting as I use M10P and M6 for photos. 
      I loved using my M lenses on the SL system and when the SL2 was finally announced I thought it was time to get one. I tested every shooting mode and I have to say that the camera has received some big improvements compared to the previous 601. The Ibis is very accurate and in HLG mode the dinamic range is quite impressive. Didn’t like the LLog though, very noisy and difficult to handle. And the internal 4K 60fps is just useless for aliasing and moire (you must use an external recorder if you want to get a decent file, when the Panasonic S1H is very clean in the same mode).
      I also use for my work Alexa Mini LF and smaller bodies such as the Z-Cam F6, this last camera has a nice M mount with positive lock which enables me to use all my Leica M lenses. 
      So why I got a SL2? The main reason is to be able to carry it everywhere, in a small backpack with a couple of lenses, other than on set for work. Now, the files produced by this camera should be H265(?).. but the files won’t play in my machines. The finder doesn’t show any preview, QuickTime doesn’t read them. VLC plays only the first 3 frames (18cores IMac Pro).. imagine you shoot 300 clips and you need to conform them every time to Prores in order to just see what you have shot. I remember I bought my SL2 in Shanghai the day it came out and after 2 days shooting around I just switched to my small Zcam as I had to open at every import FCPX or Premiere and create a project just to watch my daily footage and after delete it.
      So my question: having a playable file out of camera (internal recording) is Asking too much? 
      Another big limitation is the focus magnifier that doesn’t work while recording. With an Atomos Ninja V the resolution helps but as I said.. why I can’t enjoy this camera as it is? 
      I’ve also got multiples hot pixels, partially removed by the internal NR.. but still present.
      Last, a few times I’ve used an L mount lens... the camera can’t handle video recording for more than 10 min with a fully charged battery. 

I won’t give up with this camera as I strongly believe a new firmware will fix these problems.
      what do you guys think? 
    • By M8range
      Video Mode question: (Leica SL)
      Does anyone know how to set the 'shutter speed' to slower than the 'fps rate' in video mode to create 'shutter/motion blur effects' in camera?
      It seems to only go as low as the fps rate no matter what I try, perhaps someone has a work-around or tip?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By simonCL
      Hi all! 

Apologies in advance for the length of this post! 

I was wondering if you all are able to give me some advice or words of wisdom on whether I should get a Rangefinder Leica. 

At the moment I’m currently using and enjoying my Leica CL & 23mm f2 Summicron. Purchased in Oct 2018. I absolutely love shooting with the CL and for me it was the upgrade I was always wanting. I even adapt some rare and unique vintage m42 lenses to it and get some amazing results. 

Now I’m no professional photographer, just a hobby shooter but the Leica CL I have had really developed my love and passion for photography. At the time of purchasing the CL I was using a Nikon D7500 which I still have (but never use) so for me, at the time the CL was the next step up, and I never thought of going for a rangefinder (couldn’t afford the m10 and lenses anyway lol). 

But now having visited the Sydney Leica store on many occasions to try out the M10 and the rangefinder systems, I’ve grown more interest for a Rangefinder. 

I’m interested in the M240, maybe the M262. I like the appeal of a brassing body though (a bit of individualism I’d say). But honestly I’m not sure which system to go for (and I don’t have the money for a new M10). 

What are the PROS and CONS for each system? What makes you want to stay with that system? (if you have one) what would you recommend I do or go for? 

Now I’ve done heaps of research and reviews on both systems but I really want to hear from everyday people who use them. 

Thanks! 
    • By clngood
      Hi guys,

Recently I bought a new Leica M-E (typ240)and it's basically an M240. And a few days ago, when I tried to do some continuous shootings (the shutter not being hold all the way, but rapidly pressing the shutter when the screen was black and the red light was flashing), I found out that among a series of photos I shot at the same scene, there was one that was a bit underexposured (you can obviously tell the difference between that one and others), and this kind of issue happened a few times when they were all ISO, Shutter speed Auto, and the aperture was fixed.

After noticing that, I started to do some continuous shootings of over 10 photos to testify it, and there was even one black frame, but others were fine, and judging from the exposure parameter, there was absolutely no possibility that one could be a black frame. When I got back home, I did a few more rounds of continuous shootings, and I even tried to make ISO, Shutter speed and aperture all fixed, and Underexposure issue happened again.

The firmware is the latest one (2.0.6.0). So I'm wondering if you guys have had the same issue? Is it normal? And how to deal with it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy