Firmware 2.0 on 7/26!

New features

1. DNG only mode added

2. EVF extended mode added

3. Extended low shutter speed range

4. User Profile menu item directly accessible

5. Level Gauge display changed

6. Size of 1 Point AF metering area selectable (Small / Standard / Large)

7. 1 Point AF movement in digital zoom mode limited

8. Improved Face Detection AF mode function

9. Additional information display screen added

10. Image playback touch zoom function changed

11. Long exposure / Noise reduction countdown added

12. Three modes available for the thumbwheel (Off / AUTO / Exp. Comp.)

13. Mode Lock of the video button implemented

14. WIFI Password setting changed

15. Flash unit compatibility extended

Edited by baloo2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How on EARTH did you figure that out?

Just upgraded. Everything else fine, but can't figure out a way to adjust the 1-point focus point size. Has anyone found where to do this?

How on EARTH did you figure that out?  It wasn't mentioned in the firmware instructions...

- Jared

• Like 1

Just updated, but must say I am a little disappointed. Using the EVF extended mode pushing the FN and ISO buttons stills calls up the menu in the viewfinder. There is also no way, that I am aware of, to turn off the eye sensor in EVF extended mode. The result is a slight delay before the EVF turns on when you bring the Q to your face. There is also no way to quickly change between EVF and the LCD live view without using the EVF/LCD auto switch like before. On the bright side the scroll wheel can now be set to always work as EC. The Q app will not allow download to your iOS device, that way there is no way to import your DNG only files into Lightroom mobile without using the Apple SD card reader. But all in all I think the update brings the Q closer to perfection. Keep them coming Leica.

Edited by Les100

Very happy, great update!
Especially with these three features:

- DNG only mode added

- EVF extended mode added
- Three modes available for the thumbwheel: Exp. Comp.

One issue with EVF extended. It's almost perfect but why is the FN and ISO button only visible in the EVF, not on screen like the normal menu? I'd like to use the EVF just for composing an image. That's all (with the additional benefit that it will save some battery power). The screen on the back is perfect for playback and change those settings that don't have a physical button. The way it's implemented is almost perfect, but using the FN and ISO button doesn't feel very intuitive in the EVF extended mode.

After the update and some playing around I put the Q away for a while. A moment ago I turned it back on and got in the initial setup (language and date). Strange.

Very happy, great update!

Especially with these three features:

- DNG only mode added

- EVF extended mode added- Three modes available for the thumbwheel: Exp. Comp.

One issue with EVF extended. It's almost perfect but why is the FN and ISO button only visible in the EVF, not on screen like the normal menu? I'd like to use the EVF just for composing an image. That's all (with the additional benefit that it will save some battery power). The screen on the back is perfect for playback and change those settings that don't have a physical button. The way it's implemented is almost perfect, but using the FN and ISO button doesn't feel very intuitive in the EVF extended mode.

After the update and some playing around I put the Q away for a while. A moment ago I turned it back on and got in the initial setup (language and date). Strange.

I think maybe it's because the setup runs on the first boot after power off/on. The same happened to me. Hasn't happened again. I agree with your concerns with the EVF extended view. Basically it doesn't do anything for me because I have most use for changing FN and ISO. Doing this using the EVF feels clumsy. Maybe it's because the FN and ISO me menues are superimposed over the live image. But I would not mind if the screen switched on when changing these settings. Also I think it would be better if the eye sensor was disengaged when using EVF extended mode. The short lag before the EVF turns on just feels annoying.

Furthermore I would prefer a short press turning on and off LCD live view, and long pressing bringing up the main menu.

Just updated, but must say I am a little disappointed. Using the EVF extended mode pushing the FN and ISO buttons stills calls up the menu in the viewfinder. There is also no way, that I am aware of, to turn off the eye sensor in EVF extended mode. The result is a slight delay before the EVF turns on when you bring the Q to your face. There is also no way to quickly change between EVF and the LCD live view without using the EVF/LCD auto switch like before. 

We tried to have this EVF Extended mode improved during the beta test but unfortunately Leica didn't listen to us. As it is right now, EVF Extended is almost useless...

I like all of the improvements except the EVF "extended" is useless for the way I use the camera, and the EVF lag in that mode is very annoying. On the other hand, you can turn the "red" button off so you never hit it accidentally and start shooting video. Besides DNG only, this is my favorite change.