135s on M8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I made my first shots with my M8 with 135s : old Elmar f4, Tele Elmar, Tele Elmarit 2,8: as supposed the TE is really satisfying (as in film, is the best of the trio); so, would like to search for a good finder : my telyt 200 Leitz finder is terrible to deal with (extra long), and I remember to have read something about a finder named TEWE : can someone tell me if it is an apt solution, and if and where you can find one ? Or do exist other good finders one can find ? There is a CZ Jena revolver finder with 180 for sale at Leicashop, but I do not think is a good solution : I have an old russian revolver finder with 135 (heritage of my Zorki of 30 years ago...), clearly a copy of a similar CZ item: the view is very very small...

Luigi,

I purchased three different view finders for the 135 and foound them on ebay under view finders.

The TEWE is the only one that goes to 200mm and has a setting for 180mm which is as close to 175.5 as you need. 135X 1.3=175.5.

The second one is an Acura Universal Zoom Finder and it extends just like a zoom lens.

It has a maximun 135 mark on the barrel but it goes past that mark to be a proper size for the 180mm.

The third one is a Nippon Kogaku which funtions the same as the Acura in that it goes past its 135 mark.

All three have adjustment for varience in parallax from 3' to infinity. At three feet the view is approx. 5"x7" which sounds like alot but is in reality very small. So small in fact that I think that just learning what the view is in the camera's view finder is my technique. So If you want any of these email me and we can work something out.

gary merideth

Don't use a finder , use the 90 mm framelines , and a 1.35 Megaperls ocular. The results are pretty good..

See my threads on the subject:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/26192-dont-change-mount.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/26329-real-men-use-manual-af-birds.html