The Harsh Winter Of Iceland with Leica S007

faranstudio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My recent blog post and summarized feedback on the Leica S007 after using it for over a year, including my recent trip to Iceland with behind the scene photos. This review is mainly based on my own personal experience of using this system in combination of a few S lenses in the field. 

You can follow my work on:

Travel / Architecture: www.faran.gallery

Fashion and portraiture: www.faranstudio.com

Thanks!

Faran

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Lovely photos and elements of Sugimoto ... Michael Kenna .... such an other-worldly place ... you have captured it well.

Thanks for the wonderful diversion from Dallas 100F and 60% humidity.

Bob

Lovely photos and elements of Sugimoto ... Michael Kenna .... such an other-worldly place ... you have captured it well.

Thanks for the wonderful diversion from Dallas 100F and 60% humidity.

Bob

Thanks Bob for your compliments and visiting the blog.

Hi Faran,

I already mentioned on another forum that I liked your images.

Just out of curiosity, did you also shoot with the other gear mentioned in the blog post.  If so how was the S007 different or how did it stand out?

Thanks, Joris.

Hi Faran,

I already mentioned on another forum that I liked your images.

Just out of curiosity, did you also shoot with the other gear mentioned in the blog post.  If so how was the S007 different or how did it stand out?

Thanks, Joris.

Hi Joris,

Thanks for your kind words. I mainly used Leica S007 with 30-90 and 180mm S lenses for this trip but I had my Technical Camera Alpa TC/A-series with PhaseOne back IQ350 for long exposure, panoramic and wide shots. Due to the weather condition I wasn't able to set the Alpa on tripod as much as I wanted.

Have a good day! 

I also only can say I borwwsed some of your images and like them quite a bit.

Is the S your main camera system?

Thanks!

I use the S007 in parallel with PhaseOne IQ350 and Alpa MAX & TC. For landscape and Architecture I use S007 and Alpa with PhaseOne back. For fashion I use PhaseOne XF + Lenses and PhaseOne digital back.

Capture Integration had an interview with me about my process and equipment. If you would like to know more, feel free to check this link: https://captureintegration.com/photographer-spotlight-faran-najafi/

Faran,

Thank you very much for sharing your work which I liked very much.  Sounds like a wonderful soul searching trip and you have some great memories. Look me up if you ever come to Japan. 

Thanks Arif

Yes, Japan is on my wish list!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great images, especially the first one. Agree your WM spoils the images.

Thanks for checking. I'm afraid you missed the actual blog post link in the post and skipped to the attached images :) photos on the blog don't have any watermarks!