m8 for travel - shanghai

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hi friends,

i just spent two weeks in shanghai with the m8+12mm voigtlaender, 21 leica, 28 f 2.8 leica, 35 f1.4 leica,50 f1.4 leica and 90 f2 leica. all in all, this is -at least for me- the best set for travel. put it into a bag, cit walk all day...no problem with weight. i used it for street photography and.....believe it or not...for architecture (how can you avoid that in shanghai), clearly with a little help from CS3. some of the results are here:

shanghai_suzhou_2007 Photo Gallery by markowich at pbase.com

of course, your comments are highly welcome!

all the best, peter

Hello there, I really enjoyed looking at your Shanghai series...... well done ! I am also up for a 21mm for my M8 , so I particularly liked looking at your wide angle ones. What a shame you didn't have nicer weather.

Armin

thanks armin!

the 21 leica is excellent. the results are -except resolution- close to what i get with the wide angle digitars on the alpa. just great! but if you like wide angle, i can only recommend the 12mm voigtlaender. outstanding.

the weather: well, i thought it was ok. better than the horrible summer heat in shanghai.

peter

Hello there, I really enjoyed looking at your Shanghai series...... well done ! I am also up for a 21mm for my M8 , so I particularly liked looking at your wide angle ones. What a shame you didn't have nicer weather.

Armin

in principle you are right. but both are soooooo good. and the 28 f 2.8 weighs close to nothing. but actually, on some outings i only took a subset of my lenses along.

p

Fine photos. I expect you could eliminate the 28 and the 50 and go even lighter, if going light is the object. DR