Porto Factory Tour - 13/10/16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ravi,

Correct me if I am wrong: bus or train, the journey to Porto is roughly 4 hours. And we'd have to go to a station first, probably in Lisbon; whereas it takes an hour by plane. There is a TAP flight around 11:00. There are other airlines shuttling between the two cities, so what about getting a return ticket together when we meet in Libon's airport?

Good idea. The flights from Lisbon leave on the hour and the return leaves on the half hour. The cheap ones are at 0900 and 1100 (the 1000 flight looks arounf £106 for the return trip instead of £42 for the 0900). I do not know Lisbon airport to know if we would make it for the 0900 when I land at 0800?

So how about 1100 to Porto and 1830 return?

If we are early we can always ask to change planes or go somewhere for a walk and a coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It would seem that some attendees might make their own way to the factory.

Can I ask that you liaise with each other so that there isn't a minibus sitting in Porto waiting for people who are already in a taxi to the factory.

Grannies. Eggs.

Jeez. I'm not even going on this trip! :)

I've done my bit - over to you lot now.

• Like 1

It would seem that some attendees might make their own way to the factory.

Can I ask that you liaise with each other so that there isn't a minibus sitting in Porto waiting for people who are already in a taxi to the factory.

Grannies. Eggs.

Jeez. I'm not even going on this trip! :)

I've done my bit - over to you lot now.

Hi again

Sorry for not coming here everyday but I am always in contact with John Gorten about this

Pls confirm how many ppl will be on the train station as agreed so I can book the minibus

Train from Lisbon to Porto is around 2:30 to 2:40h so....

About taxis in the airport pls be careful with the correct prices, I don't think is timesaving coming by airplane but is just my 2cents

Anyway, pls keep me posted so I can take care of transportation

Thank you all

• Like 3

If you are staying in Opoto let me know, cause I can help in anything u need and maybe show you the city

This is Oporto hospitality :)

Fatima and I live in Porto and would be fully available to meet with Paulo and any of you if you come in earlier. We will drive to the factory. Paulo will coordinate. Have safe travels and enjoy yourselves!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We are staying in Porto on the nights of the 13th and 14th, at the HF Ipanema Hotel. Does anyone fancy meeting up for dinner either night?

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

I'll only be in Porto for the night of the 12th, traveling on to Lisbon after the factory tour, so won't be able to meet for dinner. Hope the Land Rover gets you to Lisbon in time for the challenge on the Saturday morning :)

Simon

Hi Tom,

I'll only be in Porto for the night of the 12th, traveling on to Lisbon after the factory tour, so won't be able to meet for dinner. Hope the Land Rover gets you to Lisbon in time for the challenge on the Saturday morning :)

Simon

Sorry Simon

Senior moment, we're actually booked into Porto for the nights of the 11th and 12th, driving to Lisbon straight after the factory tour.

Having just driven over 3,000 miles in Canada we decided to fly and hire a car. Worked out that if we drove we'd see nothing of Portugal, spending all our time getting there and back. We leave next Sunday (the 2nd) and will stay until the Monday after the challenge.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers, Tom

Sorry Simon

Senior moment, we're actually booked into Porto for the nights of the 11th and 12th, driving to Lisbon straight after the factory tour.

Having just driven over 3,000 miles in Canada we decided to fly and hire a car. Worked out that if we drove we'd see nothing of Portugal, spending all our time getting there and back. We leave next Sunday (the 2nd) and will stay until the Monday after the challenge.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers, Tom

Well in that case...... [emoji3] I land in Lisbon around 3pm, so if I can get to Porto reasonably quickly, dinner Wednesday evening? Dan and Ritsuko will be around as well

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wife Fatima and I - both Leica users - live in Porto and would be pleased to meet you for dinner on Wednesday 12. Also, let us know if you need any help with city info, logistics, etc. We will gladly help if we can. Paulo Silveira may also be available to join us for dinner, not sure though.

• Like 3