Porto Factory Tour - 13/10/16

No, no diversion, in fact it's changed to a smilie that's not available to me. Difficult to explain by text but mine has up-facing curves for shut eyes (think of a cartoon seagull in the distance) and a mouth that's a filled in "D" rotated by 90 degrees so the D is facing down.  The replacement's eyes are "> <" and the mouth is a crescent moon.  It suggests a slightly less friendly emoticon to me and perhaps it's to do with varying international character/emoticon sets.

Pete.

Black silk with small embroidered red roses for me please.

As for Emojis - these are dictated by the ISO for Emoji standards but your device will display whatever your software decides.

As an example, there is a new Emoji for a handgun. MS did use a toy cartoon gun to represent this but have now switched to the standard. Apple however have decided to use a green toy gun. So as you can imagine in some countries, one person saying they will bring their toy guns for a water pistol fight could be misconstrued by others that they have gone manic and when they arrive would be shot dead.

Emojis are very dangerous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keep me posted or John, so I can arrange everything for the visit

I will take care of transportation also, so no need to taxis or what so ever, just let me know total of members up to 12 and also estimated time and place of arrival

Thank you all

Paulo Silveira

Paulo

If you need assistance contacting everyone who can attend the visit personally, so that you can let them know the arrangements on 13th October, please let me know.

Many thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

EZS7688 from Basel - I will have only hand luggage (probably my new Slicks back pack which I just got from a kickstarter campaign) :)

Ravi,

Correct me if I am wrong: bus or train, the journey to Porto is roughly 4 hours. And we'd have to go to a station first, probably in Lisbon; whereas it takes an hour by plane. There is a TAP flight around 11:00. There are other airlines shuttling between the two cities, so what about getting a return ticket together when we meet in Libon's airport?