Discounted 28mm Elmaret 2.8 Arrives

dfdann

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The UPS man just woke me up from my nap and handed me a box with my 30%

off 28mm Elmaret. No advance notice but I did have to sign for it. I am impressed

by the small size and weight. I now have a coded lens to check out! I ordered it the first week in February.

Dan

It's worth being woken up for. This lens is outstanding and spends more time on my M8 than any other. Here's why:

1. Small, light, smooth focussing.

2. Razor sharp.

3. Virtually distortion free, as far as I can see.

4. Focussing is absolutely accurate on my M8, even close-up and wide-open.

5. Equivalent to the 'standard' 35mm on film.

6. Viewfinder can be seen comfortably without peering into the corners (as you have to with the 24mm)

Enjoy it!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got a call yesterday afternoon that the 28mm I ordered on Monday and was told would take 5 months arrived yesterday.

So I will pick up the lens this weekend and the camera is being shipped from a second dealer and will arrive on Tuesday.

I'm very excited and look forward to sharing with everyone.

DBK:)

after calling round some dealers in the UK, france, germany etc.. i got fed up and bought one from ebay last night

mint and the end price was ~70 GBP lower than a UK new price so i was pretty happy with that

i really thought the USA would come for it bigtime but i think because of the weak dollar at ~830 GBP it was way way over list price in dollars for a new one

after calling round some dealers in the UK, france, germany etc.. i got fed up and bought one from ebay last night

mint and the end price was ~70 GBP lower than a UK new price so i was pretty happy with that

i really thought the USA would come for it bigtime but i think because of the weak dollar at ~830 GBP it was way way over list price in dollars for a new one

But did you buy the newer ASPH model or the older one, non ASPH.

its the new ASPH, the titchy 3cm model thats also 6 bit coded

the one that you cant buy anywhere (as my post implies)

See another recent thread where a Leica employee says that lens in now discontinued.

I guess I got really lucky 2 months ago when I was browsing through B&H one day and saw it listed as In Stock. I hit the Add to Cart button as fast as I could.

the other thread seems to indicate that it was a mistake and that the lens has not been discontinued

i have had about 5 dealers all call Leica in the last few days to get a lead time and they if they had discontinued it I am sure that Leica would have told said dealers that it was no longer available.

anyway, look forward to mine coming. At that size and weight it has to be the ultimate F/8 street lens.

Guest guy_mancuso

I got confirmation this morning from Christian Erhardt the Director of Marketing Photographic Division that the Elamrit 28mm 2.8 is NOT discontinued.