C/V 12mm and 55mm UV/IR filter

jlm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

anyone have one of these filters from Leica?

I need the diameter and thickness of the glass to make sure it will fit the up-coming adapter, which was sized based upon a Tiffen 55mm UV filter glass. I'll post a pic of the adapter later today.

jm

Guest guy_mancuso

John i will bring my 12mm next week to NY when I see you , maybe I can get lucky and find a 55mm IR leica filter . But OT for a second, I'm a a little pissed about my 12mm first my hood broke , so i super glued the sucker on, it works. Next i noticed my front element coating is really weird and marked up, needless to say that is the LAST time i buy something from e-bay. People sell there junk there more times than not and i am done with it. Feel like I wasted close to 600 bucks because there is no way l will sell this to someone. I'll show you next week, okay back to my sleepless work project. 14 hours sleep in 3 days has made me pretty darn grumpy. LOL Just had to vent a little

the near-finished product. the mounted adapter is only painted and has the Tiffen UV glass and shows a few bright spots in the finish that will not be in the final product. next to it you see the as-machined adapter and retaining ring, the material is aluminum and the final finish will be black anodized with a matte finish inside the grooved surface of the hood. the adapter is retained on the lens with either a thumb screw or a set-screw, both provided.

the glass is from a 55mm filter and is set as close as possible to the lens element without touching it. there is no vignetting that I could see.

Sean will be wringing it out next week.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

the near-finished product. the mounted adapter is only painted and has the Tiffen UV glass and shows a few bright spots in the finish that will not be in the final product. next to it you see the as-machined adapter and retaining ring, the material is aluminum and the final finish will be black anodized with a matte finish inside the grooved surface of the hood. the adapter is retained on the lens with either a thumb screw or a set-screw, both provided.

the glass is from a 55mm filter and is set as close as possible to the lens element without touching it. there is no vignetting that I could see.

Sean will be wringing it out next week.

Jim this another exciting product. I am really enjoying the WATE now that I have your adapter . I was lucky and snagged a Leica 49mm UVA/IR filter from someone that received it in error. The results are excellent . I guess the CV 12 will be next on my list. I also like your Luigi case ..I selected the same one. Roger

the near-finished product. the mounted adapter is only...

Hi John,

I also use the CV12 on the M8.

I have 6bit-coded it as a WATE with a bit of machining on a 90 Leitz adapter and enamel paint, and it works fine.

I'm amazed that you could have elaborated a special adapter to provide this lens the possibility of mounting the IRcut filter without going into the CV 77mm adapter solution, which I find too obstrusive and fragile for the very expensive 77mm filter, not being protected by any hood or whatsoever in front of it.

I suppose that's the reason you did so. Am I wrong?

Congratulations anyway.

Question 1 : do this adapter will be available for us at LUF in any manner (also of money may be)? I'm really interested if so, of course.

Question 2 : I read (and saw a picture) in other threads that you have also produced special adapters already machined for 6bits coding. Is that right ? I would be interested to get one or two for my only lenses I can't code myself. These are two Canon 50mm (1.2 and 1.4) and if I'm not wrong, I don't think any 50 adapter without cutout do exists.

Thanks by advance for your answer.

Cheers

Christophe

the od of the adapter is 68mm.

e-mail me for purchasing details for this and other adapters.

I may make a filter adapter for the 15mm C/V lens as well; maybe the same 12mm adapter with a different bore to fit over the fixed 15mm hood petals.

jm@milich.com

• 2 weeks later...

John sent me a test copy of the (first version) CV 12 filter adapter and it was well-made as always. I suggested a couple of changes to it, however, and John is working on a new and improved version.The new version will allow one to thread a filter directly into the adapter (no need to remove the filter glass or install a retaining ring) and it will, I believe, feature a hood that provides more aggressive lens shading than did the first version.

I also suggested a design for a CV 15 filter adapter that John is working on as well. It features a sleeve that the existing CV 15 hood slides into. and it also will allow a filter to be threaded into it directly.

Cheers,

Sean

SKGrimes will make custom caps (http://www.skgrimes.com/caps/index.htm); you need only provide the OD and the depth you want. Their prices vary with size, but I think they'll give a discount for multiple orders of the same size. Maybe enough people would be interested to get a "deal." You can find a phone number on their website.

SKGrimes will make custom caps (http://www.skgrimes.com/caps/index.htm); you need only provide the OD and the depth you want. Their prices vary with size, but I think they'll give a discount for multiple orders of the same size. Maybe enough people would be interested to get a "deal." You can find a phone number on their website.

My guess is that the new design may be even more "cap friendly".

Cheers,

Sean

Guest sirvine

John,

I think you mentioned this recently, but I have been traveling: are you making (planning to make) a similar filter adaptor for the 15mm?

Thanks,

Sol