• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I'll be the first one to start this one.    Some love this camera without screen, other's don't understand it. So let the pictures tell the story.    My first picture is from Muscle Beach by venice Beach, Los Angeles. Leica M-D 262 with Leica 50mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH f/2.0. 3200 ISO.        Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

My M-D arrived the other day. All I've had time to do with it so far is take it out and compare it against the M-P typ 240 with a couple of test photographs using my 1972 Summilux 35 v2 and new Summarit-M 75mm f/2.4 lenses (both are six-bit coded). Results?   The performance and the resulting photographs are identical. The difference is the working methodology and feel of the M-D body vs the M-P body rather than any measure of the image recording capabilities. The M-D shutter is very marginall

The particular quality is that it gets you out an photograph. That's the first.    It's simplicity cut down to the core, that's what special about it. Nobody else could remove the screen without adding 150 buttons. Leica can because the M camera is already so simple you don't need the screen, other than for reviewing.   Without reviewing, you are eager to get back and "develop". You have no idea what you got. Just like film.  

Posted Images

I had put an order in for an MM246 in Spring 2015. After several months and no product, I cancelled the order and used that money to buy the SL instead. No regrets at all; I already had an M-P. 

When the M-D was announced, it piqued my interest just like the M Edition 60 had. After a short time I couldn't resist it, bought it, and am delighted I did so. 

Leica M-D + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4
ISO 320 @ f/5.6 @ 1/1000

It just suits me. 

Thorsten and Godfrey ....

Just a question ....

When I was using film Ms it seemed like the back rotating Iso setting was always getting askew ...

How is it with the M-D?

Bob

I don't remember how it was with the M6/M6TTL. With the M-D, it's nicely weighted click stops, holds position securely until you change it.

• 3 months later...

Walk on a Friday morning ... 

all: Leica M-D plus either Summilux 35mm v2 or Summarit-M 75mm f/2.4

enjoy!