Is this street photo by Leica M8?

lensblur

Guest Bernd Banken

Lens blur,

sorry no. In the meaning "made outside somewhere in the streets" it's ok. But not in the classical meaning of streetphotography where some "hook" or something similar should be expressed at the very first glance.

Pls. look here: iN-PUBLiC | David Gibson

Regards

Bernd

difficult to say, but I agree that the M8 produces photographs with better detail capture than what your photograph shows, even at the web reduced size you posted

of course this could be due to many factors, but it does not look typical of what the M8 can do

I think the word crispness applies perfectly

here is one of a street scene from the M8 that demonstrates this crispness (taken with a CV 40 mm Nokton, unfiltered, btw)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

with a larger version here

Leica M8 photographs Photo Gallery by Artichoke Vinagrette at pbase.com along with shooting information & other samples

of course this was taken under very different circumstances, but I think is a good example of why we think the M8 is special ...having a camera capable of such detail and tonality in a small body is a great advantage for those of us using the M8 as is having a viewfinder that promotes anticipation which is very useful in street photography

Guest sirvine

The thing that consistently suprises me about M8 files when compared to other digitals is the amount of "depth" the M8 retains even in the most peripheral, distant objects. By depth, I mean the ability to perceive the contours and textures of objects waaaaay outside the focal point of the image. An example, only to illustrate...take a look at the way the eiffel tower and other horizon elements come through on this otherwise unremarkable image...Paris - Antwerp 2007

Fun! Notice also the gold top on the obelisk at Place de Concord and detail in the foliage and row of buildings on the right. And this is handheld, in awful light and underexposed.

Guest sirvine

lens blur--

The black and white image is def not an M8, unless you ran some noise suppression filter over it. I've never see such splotchy noise from the M8. Not to mention all the aliasing...

though again this is hard to tell at these sizes

the cigarette dealer photo looks like you worked on some of the bloom about the lamps above the dealer's head ...the last has the detail & look I typically get from my M8, though the WB seems off a bit

I am sorry that my Bukowski Tavern is putting Sol off ...here is one showing why Bukowski may have appreciated it

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

this improbable location, just over railroad tracks & overlooking a major highway houses a very friendly bar with an excellent selection of beers both in the bottle & on tap

I suspect Bukowski would have enjoyed the place had he ever gotten to Boston, if only for the free beer I know they would have offered their namesake

Guest sirvine

I am sorry that my Bukowski Tavern is putting Sol off ...here is one showing why Bukowski may have appreciated it

[ATTACH]40961[/ATTACH]

this improbable location, just over railroad tracks & overlooking a major highway houses a very friendly bar with an excellent selection of beers both in the bottle & on tap

I suspect Bukowski would have enjoyed the place had he ever gotten to Boston, if only for the free beer I know they would have offered their namesake

It does look a little seedier there! The fresh paint job threw me off...anyway, I'm all for barfly poets and literary ex-postmen.

Sorry, I am a bit lonely :)
Lonely in Hong Kong? Maybe you should go to Wan Chai (Carnegie's, Dusk till Dawn, 109 bar or Nautilus ;) ) or Lan Kwai Fong (Central).

But if you live there, you probably know more places to go to... :)

Bernd