Leica SL or Hasselblad X1D

MVCG

If a new X1d or whatever it turns out to be from Hasselblad is coming, don’t get your hopes up to get one for over a year or more, even after announced.  I wouldn’t be selling mine anytime soon in hopes of replacing with new and improved.  It is though very odd to just drop it from production without announcing a replacement. It is still a very new camera.  Very strange news.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:59 AM, satijntje said:

a X1D Mii with 50MP using the old 50MP sensor but with better battery, better CPU, better heath control, faster start up etc....
and 
a X2D with 100 MP. This might take a few more months.

I'd prefer option #1 with a 75MP sensor.  That would be perfect.

7 hours ago, Jeff S said:

And then replaced by an SL2 or X2D thread.

Jeff

11 hours ago, Chaemono said:

Coming back to the original question, that’s an easy one, SL, of course, because the X1D is discontinued. 🤣

I think XD2 will be announced before SL2. But whichever will become available to buy in real life first, I would not be sure .. :)

It’s a bit of a strategic blunder to allow a major retailer to list a product as discontinued without having announced a follow up product first. It makes user nervous for sure. Let’s see if the manufacturer of unmanned flying vehicles supports the X1D roadmap or thinks given where Fuji set the price point that it’s economically not viable. My guess is that the X1D is burning cash. Maybe Vieri can shed some light. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeff S said:

And then replaced by an SL2 or X2D thread.

Jeff

But but but, the x2d hasn’t been ‘officially’ announced.

However, no doubt somebody will keep it going.  I hadn’t been up here for a year or more and surprised, well actually not surprised really, same people keeping it going! 😉. Why is that?  Totally different cameras.  No real comparison.

Edited by Belle123
More thoughts

No, but I just heard that the SL2 is supposed to have a very realistic EVF, almost like an OVF I was told. They are sourcing it from the same supplier as Panasonic does, there is basically one company in the world that makes the best, but Leica went for a more expensive version. Faster WiFi, too. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaemono said:

No, but I just heard that the SL2 is supposed to have a very realistic EVF, almost like an OVF I was told. They are sourcing it from the same supplier as Panasonic does, there is basically one company in the world that makes the best, but Leica went for a more expensive version. Faster WiFi, too. 😀

How could this be? Panasonic uses Sony's and Sony's state of the art. 

This thread is only ridiculous.

It is not related to SL users anymore. Only a few X1D fans keep it going. That's fine for them, but why not move it into another category (Barnack's Bar or similar).

And about the EVF of the S1/R. Let's simply do a fact check, before anymore fuss is written about it. Everybody with reading skills can find in the web, that it has  5.76 megadots. Which is more than any other EVF currently built in any system. (And sony is far away from that, just as the X1D).

B)

Edited by caissa
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, caissa said:

And about the EVF of the S1/R. Let's simply do a fact check, before anymore fuss is written about it. Everybody with reading skills can find in the web, that it has  5.76 megadots. Which is more than any other EVF currently built in any system. (And sony is far away from that, just as the X1D).

B)

....... and in external size, shape and structure appears identical to the current SL one ...... therefore you can safely assume it will be the EVF used in the SL2 as Chaemono states ....