MVCG

Leica SL or Hasselblad X1D

GRIII is very exciting. My GR is a camera that they don't need to change anything on except sensor upgrades and I'll keep buying each new model. I love having a point and shoot that you can separate focus from the shutter on... something I'd also like to be able to but can't on my Leica CL! 

GRIII is very exciting. My GR is a camera that they don't need to change anything on except sensor upgrades and I'll keep buying each new model. I love having a point and shoot that you can separate focus from the shutter on... something I'd also like to be able to but can't on my Leica CL! 

+1. Yes, I could never get used to the CL for this reason. Now sold.

+1. Yes, I could never get used to the CL for this reason. Now sold.

+1 Sold CL for the same reason, without separate focus it is inconvenient for street shooters

+1 Sold CL for the same reason, without separate focus it is inconvenient for street shooters

I do appreciate it is inconvenient for you. From the perspective of a reader not having had hands-on experience, I would however not through the CL completely overboard for street just because the "back" button is missing.The face detection / multi point auto focus does a surprisingly good job in a lot of circumstances and you can always focus/recompose holding the trigger half way.

I do appreciate it is inconvenient for you. From the perspective of a reader not having had hands-on experience, I would however not through the CL completely overboard for street just because the "back" button is missing.The face detection / multi point auto focus does a surprisingly good job in a lot of circumstances and you can always focus/recompose holding the trigger half way.

Yes, this is a fair point. For me - shooting wildlife - it lead to too many misses. For other situations and for other shooters, it may work. That being said, I simply do not understand why the CL wasn't constructed with the option to separate focus from shutter...

Yes, this is a fair point. For me - shooting wildlife - it lead to too many misses. For other situations and for other shooters, it may work. That being said, I simply do not understand why the CL wasn't constructed with the option to separate focus from shutter...

I do not know, either, and would have appreciated a "back" button as well just like with the Q. Like with a lot of these decisions, I may just have been Marketing ... either for segmentation or propagation of "das Wesentliche". Good they did not omit the lens mount ...

I imagine the CL will get some separate focus option in future firmware.

Would be good, but past FW updates inducate it's not at top of the priority list. It's ufortunate that a thumb-button is missing - I was thinking that the centre part of the back thumb button could work. Without gloves, that is...

I got an email this morning from B&H (it must be a hang over from when I had pre-ordered the X1D) advising that the battery for the X1D had been "discontinued".

The new 3400mAh battery with the grey ring is not working properly, and should not be bought until HB has solved the problems.

20 minutes ago, IkarusJohn said:

B&H have now listed the X1D as “discontinued”.  X2D around the corner?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1260272-REG/hasselblad_h_3013901_x1d_50c_medium_format_mirrorless.html

There is a Hasselblad X1D Mark II, with a 100 MP sensor on the horizon.

http://thenewcamera.com/hasselblad-x1d-mark-ii-confirmed/

There has been much discussion about this in other forums.  Some suggest that the camera can still be bought elsewhere, including directly from the company, and that B&H never could rely on supply estimates.  Others of course take this as a sign that the next generation is imminent....as they have for over a year now, especially when heavy discounts appeared.

Jeff

1 hour ago, ron777 said:

Click on the link.

I did - that was speculation on the website, rather than anything concrete. I think I'll wait to see what Hasselblad says when they're ready ...

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Agent M10:

Link didn’t work for me. But who would discontinue a model before introducing a new one? 

Hasselblad is a very small company!
MiniMini compared to Leica.
Less than 40 employees working in the production line in Gothenburg.

So I expect that stocks of X1D are getting low at this moment as Hasselblad did not restart another batch production, they might now be producing H6.
But the X1D Mii is not far away, and my glass bowl says that there will be 2 new models this year:
a X1D Mii with 50MP using the old 50MP sensor but with better battery, better CPU, better heath control, faster start up etc....
and 
a X2D with 100 MP. This might take a few more months.

just my 2 cts

John

Edited by satijntje