Rumored 3rd party M-mount 24MP+ CCD camera soon?

james.liam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica Rumors posts a link (unverified, of course) about a possible new M-mount camera. Minimal details, no mention of the source's reliability. See the links below for the scant details:

https://prosophos.com/2016/06/20/sketches/

https://prosophos.com/blog/

-The author clarifies that despite the body's curved shape, the sensor is flat and the camera is NOT made by Hasselblad (the sketch shows a strap with the distinctive 'H').

Interesting development, if true and hoping it carries a Cosina/Voigtlander and/or Zeiss moniker.

NOTE TO JAAP--

I wasn't certain where to post. Do move the location as you see fit.

Edited by james.liam

-The author clarifies that despite the body's curved shape, the sensor is flat and the camera is NOT made by Hasselblad (the sketch shows a strap with the distinctive 'H').

Strictly the X-Pan was not 'made' by Hasselbald - it was made by Fujifilm for Hasselbald.

Hmmm - curved camera would play Hob with the internal geometry of a rangefinder, as well as the calibration of the RF to the lens mount location.

E hay me doots, laddy!

Edited by adan

Hmmm - curved camera would play Hob with the internal geometry of a rangefinder, as well as the calibration of the RF to the lens mount location.

E hay me doots, laddy!

Unless of course, it isn't a classic rangefinder but a hybrid or pure EVF

Looks like the Hasselblad X1D is out of the bag. Mirrorless, Medium Format, 45 & 90 lenses. 

Price looks pretty reasonable too :blink:

Very reasonable in fact, and puts even greater pressure on Leica to deliver cutting edge in their smaller format. The SL goes part of the way but the M(10) will be the test of Leica's adaptability to a changed market.

'Here is my foot, here is a gun, I think I will shoot my foot', such is the decision making process for the designer of curved camera's.

If a third party M style camera is true there are enough people willing to try it without the need to make it a niche eccentric attention seeker.

Steve

curve is patent avoidance ??

Would not consider for myself.   Since it is digital,  colors can be manipulated.   CCD can get the line readout error which is a trip to repair shop and I will not repeat what a nightmare that turned out to be for a relative.

Adobe can clean up a dead or stuck pixel from CMOS automatically.  I can write a PS action to reform a line, but that is a pain.

I have looked at the pictures of CMOS vs CCD and see no advantage of CCD.  My cameras from Leica are M8 and M9, but definitely not wedded to CCD.