Leica-Branded Screen Protector

I use the Leica screen protector and did not have any problem with bubbles, I did have a problem lining it up correctly.  I would suggest that you clean the LCD screen very well before you install the protector and make sure that you smooth it out as you install it.  Good luck.

Not about bubbles per se, but I picked up a great technique from an employee at the cell phone store:  use cellophane tape both to lift the corners of the screen protector, and additional pieces of tape slid under to screen protector to remove any trapped foreign gritties.  Lift the corner of the screen protector where a dust particle is trapped, slide in a piece of cellophane tape with the sticky side up, and press the screen protector back down.  Now the tape can be removed along with the dust particle, since the tape is stickier than the screen protector.  

I think I almost spoiled the first screenfoil because of dust, and I managed to reinstall, with the second foil, using carefully (a ) the cleaning sheet provided and (b ) the adhesive "Leica square" also provided.

My feeling is, as soon as you left a dust particle on the screen when installing, you are doomed and need using the second foil... which, after all, is here for this ;-)

Edited by Herve5

I didn't have a big issue with bubbles.  I would say, though, that I've had easier to apply screen protectors that were made of seemingly better materials.  Also, fit on the Leica Q screen protector is not perfect edge to edge; it is a bit small in length and height.

Received a new pair of Leica LCD protectors. Took great pains to clean the screen and installed the first one flawlessly--no bubbles, dust. Thanks for the tips everyone sent.

Included in the package was this odd item--no instructions or anything identifying what it is--any suggestions?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's a screen cleaner.  It's got reusable adhesive.  You can stick to the back of your cell phone, peel it off to clean the cell phone screen and replace it after.  I think Leica have included it thinking you'll use it to clean the screen protector.