A quick drive through Yosemite

John Z. Goriup

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the way home after a recent long weekend in the eastern Sierras, also my first major landscape excursion with the SL, I decided to take Hwy. #120 through the park and get a few shots with the SL / 24-90 combo to comnpare to previous images of the same subjects with other cameras / lenses.

Even though it was extremely crowded and access to my favorite spots wasn't easy, the perfect weather & spectacular water flows over Bridalveil ( $1 & 3 )and Yosemite Falls ( # 4 ) made it worth it.

Please do not misinterpret this as bragging or self-praise, because it most certainly isn't intended as such, but it's difficult containing my enthusiasm over the SL / Vario-Elmarit.

I could not be happier with it !

JZG

Please do not misinterpret this as bragging or self-praise, because it most certainly isn't intended as such, but it's difficult containing my enthusiasm over the SL / Vario-Elmarit.

I could not be happier with it !

JZG

Well, self-praise is well deserved here!

I was there in 1985 with my Nikon FE.

Time I went back :-)

Edited by MarkP

i would LOVE to see this one in color!

Happy to oblige, and thanks for looking.

Incidentally............1/250 @ f8.0, ISO 400, on a tripod at 24mm  -  after waiting at least 20 minutes for a large group of tourists with iphones on selfie sticks to finish taking snaps of each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished processing all the images from that day........"Half Dome viewed from Olmstead Point' - a less familiar vista.

SL / 24-90 on RRS tripod.

JZG

Happy to oblige, and thanks for looking.

Incidentally............1/250 @ f8.0, ISO 400, on a tripod at 24mm  -  after waiting at least 20 minutes for a large group of tourists with iphones on selfie sticks to finish taking snaps of each other.

I like the color version too and it's improved with a bit of space at the top. Remember when all we had to do was to wait around for the light to change or just the right shadows? Now we wait around for these folks with telephones on sticks to stop poking around and move on.