Leica S Adapter for Hasselblad V Lens for Leica S007 Body

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Easy path is to chimp.

But do I adjust the shutter on the camera or lens and if its lens how do I re-cock the lens...............sorry for so many questions??

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

As said in #19 the lens leaf shutter does nothing - all will make sense when you get your adapter - I really have no idea how you have made a simple/dumb adapter into such a long thread ;-)

john

Not enough information..........

Okay I think i've got it.

• Make sure 180 lens is cocked
  • Make lens up to adapter
  • make lens and adapter up to the S007
  • Switch on S007
  • Set the camera to M
  • Set the F# on the lens to say f5.6
  • Set ISO on camera to whatever
  • adjust the camera shutter to whatever the meter in the viewfinder say
  • Focus the lens and take pictures
  • Chimp and chimp some more, until the picture and histogram look the dogs :)

Please say that is correct?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Makes no odds if lens is cocked or not as shutter does not fire but other than that, yes you've got it ;-)

john

Disagree ....

cocking the shutter opens the shutter ... otherwise you see the back of the shutter blades.

And I alway use A rather than M .... the meter will adjust for the aperture on the lens.

Focus wide open then stop down for DOF. As it is difficult to see and focus if the F stop is 8 or 11

Bob

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Disagree ....

cocking the shutter opens the shutter ... otherwise you see the back of the shutter blades.

And I alway use A rather than M .... the meter will adjust for the aperture on the lens.

Focus wide open then stop down for DOF. As it is difficult to see and focus if the F stop is 8 or 11

Bob

Thanks Bob................pictures will follow in 3 weeks time :) :)

Apologies, it is so many years since I had an un-cocked Hasselblad lens off the camera that I forgot ;-)

john

No need to apologize ... as you remember if the shutter is not cocked you will jam the lens on attempt to insert to body as the groove in the small pin on the back will not line up ...

it is very difficulty to dis-engage the body and lens at that point. And Hasselblad made a tool to cock the lens off the body although a small flat head screw driver would work.

I was using the 120 Makro-planar and 160 Tessar on my S 006 recently with the S - V adapter. Long time since I had a 500 body ... not so long since I used a 905 SWC.

Bob

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by docmoore

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Did you buy the one made by Leica or Metabones?

I bought this;

• 6 years later...

Just re-read this post (only 7 years later!) as I am just getting around to trying the Hasselblad V (CF) lenses on the S3.  For anyone else that reads this, just a note to remember that you can throw a quarter in your pocket so if a lens shutter trips you can reset it.  I’m sure the Hassey film users already know this, but if you haven’t had to put a lens on a 500cm et al, you don’t realize that the planets have to align to make it work!

Ok, had time to try out the Leica S adapter with the Hasselblad 120mm f/4 CF lens that I have.  This was with the S007.  I attached it to the camera, with the shutter reset (like it was ready to mount on my 500 cxi) and then looked through the camera.  I focused using f/4 but set the f/stop to f/16 (in this case because it was close and a very shallow depth of field).  I was in manual mode, so I used the slide on the side to stop down the lens, set the shutter speed where I wanted and just clicked the camera.  Then I released the stop down slide on the left side of the lens and everything was back to normal.  I used a tripod and used Capture One 23.  I did apply some sharpening, but C1 actually has a profile for this lens, which was fantastic. I also used the linear view to allow more work on the digital image, which required adding some saturation. Took a bunch of 'flowers' around the house.  My conclusion is that if you already have the lenses, it's certainly worthwhile and fun to shoot.  Not any more difficult than shooting old lenses on the M or SL system. (as always, click for full size view).

Edited by davidmknoble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, davidmknoble said:

Ok, had time to try out the Leica S adapter with the Hasselblad 120mm f/4 CF lens that I have.  This was with the S007.  I attached it to the camera, with the shutter reset (like it was ready to mount on my 500 cxi) and then looked through the camera.  I focused using f/4 but set the f/stop to f/16 (in this case because it was close and a very shallow depth of field).  I was in manual mode, so I used the slide on the side to stop down the lens, set the shutter speed where I wanted and just clicked the camera.  Then I released the stop down slide on the left side of the lens and everything was back to normal.  I used a tripod and used Capture One 23.  I did apply some sharpening, but C1 actually has a profile for this lens, which was fantastic. I also used the linear view to allow more work on the digital image, which required adding some saturation. Took a bunch of 'flowers' around the house.  My conclusion is that if you already have the lenses, it's certainly worthwhile and fun to shoot.  Not any more difficult than shooting old lenses on the M or SL system. (as always, click for full size view).

fun experiment David, do you happen to have the mythical 110mm Planar f2? Would be nice for some portraits

• Like 1